Assisted Suicide: Where Libertarian Justice Outweighs Personal Bias?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by lightfiend, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Source: "Confusing What Is Detestable With What Is Criminal"

2. I think if people wanna kill themselves go for it. Me personally ill go the old drug overdose way. I dont think people should be motivating other people to do it though, cause there in a weak state and their thoughts are clouded by depression.

I think they should at least think about it. I mean its life and death. Weed and no Weed..I know life sucks but thats what the weeds for.

3. I don't really know what to think about that. As much as I like freedom of speech, I don't know if inciting mentally unstable people to a decision that they wouldn't necessarily have made alone counts as free speech. Even the freedom of speech has its limits (you can't run into a crowded theater and yell "fire", for example, b/c it would incite panic). In this case, these people were mentally unstable, and this guy's behavior could have pushed them in the direction of suicide. I don't know. I think my problem might be trying to get away from my emotions around this, b/c I personally feel that the guy is sick in the head for coaching people to suicide so he could watch. That's just straight fucked up, IMO. But then again, it raises the question, would these people have committed suicide without this guy's help? It's very complicated, and I can't find a clear answer. :confused_2:

4. If someone is terminally ill, or is in constant chronic pain, and their quality of life is very very low they should definitely have the option of suicide. But if they are just depressed and want to end it there are much better options. In the case of that nurse I definitely think that's wrong, should he go to jail though? Is there a crime that he's committing? Has he actually talked someone into committing suicide? If he has I think he probably should go to jail.

5. Well these people were weak willed to begin with, they want to end their lives. just cuz someone tells u to jump off of a bridge doesnt mean u should, unless of course u really want to. nothing should happen to this guy as he did nothing wrong.