Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Aspergers and Medical marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by NinjaToker92, Apr 18, 2011.

1. I have Aspergers syndrome and I have been using medical Marijuana for about 3 months and it has been doing wonders. Can anyone relate?

2. My brother has ausbergers and does smoke cannabis aswell, It realieves some of his symptoms but also potentiats others.

3. how does it help with aspergers?

4. I've been medicating (illegally) since feb. Life is just so much better. One problem I do find though is I find it difficult dealing with my mind when I've run out. It's like going from living in a horrible, prickly cage to just.. Not giving a fuck. Simply enjoying shit man. I'd recommend it to any aspie who's considering trying it. It helped with my depression and awful anger too. I'm such a chilled bitch now man

5. i have aspergers as well and I think weed helps me.

6. ya i have mild aspergers dunno if MJ helps though

7. I can. I've had that Asperger's shit all through my life, and my mind only began to branch out and develop, as well as a lot of talents, personality traits, and interests, once I began smoking about 4 years back. It escalated and produced much more (and better) results once I tried and began consuming medical grade strains + varieties in 2009.:cool::hello:

I had begun to develop serious OCD/Anxiety problems as a result of the syndrome, that had plagued me throughout my childhood and early teens, that only began to clear and subside after I smoked. I was on Zoloft once, which did nothing, had lost hope in life after I was pulled out of school in 7th grade due to various circumstances, one being the overwhelming effect on my everyday life, and quality of, that the anxiety had produced. Having a high-functioning type of this, can be hell. My life began to lose meaning being unable to participate in the school world as a whole, and even just the simple meaning that can be found in having a normal existence, with friends, and a life, so 2006-2009, I was out of school, in various metal bands, and was a traveler, unhappy, but still makin' lemonade with that life. I started drinking alot to try to be able to deal with the everyday shit of massive anxiety/panic attacks, OCD, and complete inability to be a normal person. By the time I started my job in March of '09, right before I joined GC,lol, I was going through 4 tallboy's of Schlitz & Earthquake a night, cheap vodka, whiskey, you name it. I was horribly suicidal, because I had absolutely no idea what to do. Who I was, who I could be, I had next to nothing inside, being deprived of the things I should have been able to have that were limited by that syndrome. I never could keep friendships right and healthy, due to the nature of that syndrome, and gf relationships were a fucking joke because of it too. Through all of this, I'm finding myself more everyday, have more confidence to live my life, focus on my education & music, and am more confident everyday.:smoke:

I am currently on Prozac for anxiety/ & resulting depression, but that's the problem. Normally, I'm a happy guy. Depression, and anxiety, too, is not normal for me. Social activity/development/whatever the fuck you wish to call it, has only come alive for me in the last couple years, due to the positive effect that the herb has had on me. I believe it to be abhorrent and greatly shameful that we have the results of medical success, but not the balls, to legalize it. At least on a national/medical scale.:(

I'm thinking I may need to relocate to a medical state. Is there anywhere That I can qualifyfor a card for anxiety/asperger's/developmental disorders in WA/OR/MT/CA/CO??? If anyone could help.

Sorry for the topic jack, hope this helps OP :D:smoke:

8. California is really good with medical marijuana...you could literally have bad gas and they will give you a card for 100 dollars. Me personally though, i was on zoloft and it sucked so i switched to mmj and my life is 1000 times better.

9. I have aspergers,
    i dont smoke medical, smoke street weed, it does help though.

10. My bro has Asperger's, but he's never been the type to try weed. He said he'd tried it once, but he didn't like it. I'm pretty sure it was the people he was with though. He was always getting picked on in high school (cuz of his Asperger's).

11. ^^^I know what thats like, its probably what led me to the miracle herb.

12. its done wonders for me. but i dont smoke that often so im still suffering from it. every fucking day. i just cant wait to move out to cali where i can grow my own shit and blaze everyday .and do it legaly too. then i could cure the BAD side affects of asd.

13. One of my mates has aspergers i think it does help calm him and help his overall mindset. But he does chat about ABSOLUTE SHIT all the time when stoned, it's annoying as, like his minds going off on some journey inside his head.

14. Most of the few studies and articles deal with the more severe forms of autism. All I can find is anecdotal stuff, and not much of that.

Cannabis and Aspergers, My Experience by Anonymous (anecdotal- undated)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabis and Aspergers, My Experience by Anonymous[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Marijuana and Asperger's Syndrome (anecdotal – 2012) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Marijuana and Asperger's Syndrome[/FONT]

Cannabis seems to help in at least some cases of Asperger's, and the way cannabis works is by activating the CB receptors. It might be smart to try taking Omega 3 on a daily basis, since you can't make working CB receptors without Omega 3! :eek:

The CB receptors in your brain are responsible for a lot of things, like keeping you from getting depressed and getting high on pot! :smoke: If enough of them were made without any Omega 3, it may affect your mood and cut into your high!

Cannabinoid Receptor Function is Altered by Nutrionally Deficient Diet (news – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Cannabinoid Receptor Function is Altered by Nutrionally Deficient Diet - Philadelphia medical marijuana | Examiner.com[/FONT]

Granny :wave:

15. Thanks for this great testimonial evidence of the values of cannabis to those of us with Asperger's. I've been looking for stuff like this around the web to compile a list of evidence showing we should not be considered criminals anymore...

Great thread altogether...

16. What kind of strains are people using for aspergers or do does anyone know if it's indica or sativa? Also, how often do you use it? e.g. is having it once a day enough or does it require frequent medication?

I've heard anecdotal stories of people with other psychological ailments like anxiety/depression who are able to be non daily mmj users and still see marked improvement in their symptoms.

17. I was a daily user for a while but now I just smoke on weekends. Anyways, sativa are social and creative strains, but indica are anti-depression and anxiety strains. With Aspergers, anxiety and depression are common.

So, to answer your question, Indica. Just smoke and reflect on your week and find think about how different situation (social or not) went down and how you can improve in the future or where things went right. It will allow you to program your brains to the right reaction. It also helps in expressing empathy.

18. ^Thanks for the info. I don't need mmj for non physical medication, however I do know of people with aspergers and various other conditions which mmj could help with so am just trying to gather as much info as possible thanks to sites like GC :)

One thing I do wonder about it how do people medicate daily (often frequently judging by posts) with MMJ and deal with mentally intensive jobs? There's no way I could get away with needing to vape every morning before work and still function at my optimum whilst there. Fortunately, I can use physio/rehab exercises in the morning and during lunch to deal with pain issues until after work when I am free to vaporize if things intensify.

19. Honestly i think marijuana is just a temporary solution even in aspergers because it temporarily relaxes you down and when you run out, you go almost nuts. It'll be like a permanent medicine, something you can't live without.

20. ^This is why I was quite interested when I read anecdotal information about people who claimed to treat depression using non daily mmj usage. Since this seems to indicate that it IS something that can help yet hopefully not be the kind of crutch which results in 'going nuts' when you run out. Only problem is I can't remember if those people had quit their original psych meds whilst using mmj or not.

@Ninjatoker92, reread your post, there's some really great advice in there for people considering using mmj to treat certain psychological issues, thanks for posting