Aslyum laws

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cactus Ed, Nov 21, 2018.

1. From what I'm seeing online, OR is about 85% white/caucasian over all.

I agree, it's sad so many students have been left behind, so to speak. My kids were in grade school when the No Child Left Behind started under W. That was the worst thing that could have ever happened and seemed to promote teaching to the lowest level of student aptitude in each class instead of allowing the kids who couldn't keep up, whether because of learning disabilities or English not being their first language, to fall behind. Instead they delegated how quickly the entire class would learn anything, pretty much leaving every child behind at the same pace.

A friend of mine's wife was a grade school teacher at the time. I heard all about how it screwed the teachers and, more importantly, the students.

I found this though and it gives a good depiction of ethnicity of students enrolled in Portland schools.
    https://www.pps.net/cms/lib/OR01913224/Centricity/Domain/207/Enrollment by Race and School 2018-19.pdf

Here's the site it came from.
    System Planning And Performance / Enrollment Reports and School Profiles

2. Are you assuming Hispanic ethnicity means illegal?

Also, are you suggesting the low ranking of your school is caused by an increase in Hispanic students?

You seem to draw a lot of conclusions about the state of Oregon based off personal anectodal perceptions from your town.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Well, you seem to assume a lot you're self. When your local schools are at the bottom wouldn't you be concerned about why it is the bottom? Let's not be ignorant about immigration at levels that in a short time take over a small community and they're resources. And then what do you have? The bottom rung for educating your children.

Look what happened a week or two ago on the border. The Mexican mayor was wearing a MTGA hat within one week. Fuck..... those hispanics were pissed off.

You can rest assured that Oregon will get what they voted for.

4. #64 GorillaGherkin, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Oregonians just voted to turn over sanctuary cities laws from 30+ years ago. Nuthin changing in Oregon anytime soon.

3328D3C3-73B2-4816-9B13-7B6460231763.jpeg

5. So...is that a yes? You blame your local school district's poor performance on Hispanics?

6. I had an American Aunt in California who blamed her plumbing problems on Hispanics.

True story.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. That's because when they get kicked out of a rental they flush whole rolls of toilet paper down the shitter

True story

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Auntie, is that you?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I don't think that has anything to do with their ethnicity. I'm a landlord and the worst damage I've had was done by white guys and I've never had more problems with Latinos than anyone else.

10. It's our diet I'm sure. All those beans make more sewer gas which causes a vapor lock in the drain pipe.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. She was pretty gassy herself, being Italian and all.

12. @artch @VikingToker @Cactus Ed

Good points. I wish I had more time to invest to this these days, but I can only briefly skim between rl labor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. I really don't know what's going on in the school for it to be at the bottom. The state report mentions a lack of english and basic math skills had something to do with it. So who the hell knows.

The school has a bad ass soccer team though.

14. Maybe it's the teachers are lazy and useless? Principle is no good?

When a business is doing poorly it's usually the management/owners fucking things up.

15. That could be...I am out of touch with the schools, but I know they got socked down with an above average amount of immigrants that don't speak english over a short period of time. Maybe we should just build new migrant schools until they learn a little bit more. As long as my tax's don't double again..
    I think very few teachers speak spanish so that could be a problem canning the ones that don't and hiring ones that do.
    Who the hell knows?

16. In California, schools get paid for butts in seats. That's the truant officers responsibility. To keep those chairs filled so the school district can get paid. And laws are made (or at least interpreted) to back their play. School districts reporting the most successful programs get a larger slice of the pie. So how do you compete with success? You lower the standards, and campaign "no student left behind". Now we have students with an IQ of 36, and barley speak enough of the language to order a taco, gowning up for graduation ceremonies. See what good schools we have? See how few drop outs we have now compared to before?
    Meanwhile, we wonder why nobody can fill out a job application without taking it home to his mother or girlfriend. But notice how successful our schools are!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. You have kids flooding schools that can’t speak English. Kids that either didn’t go to school or not at the same age/grade level. What do you think is going to happen? The superintendent, school board, and teachers have some blame in this but the majority is illegals and the state required to educate them.

Illegal Immigrants Cause Public School Crisis - Judicial Watch

• Like Like x 1
  18. I agree. No child left behind was an abysmal failure that left them all behind. It failed so miserably it really makes you wonder if that was the plan all along. Idiots are far easier to control and they'll believe whatever they're told to believe.

19. At the least

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Similar thing has happened in parts of Europe. Classes dominated by non-native speakers. Massive drain on the welfare system, and really problematic for those immigrant children who have such handicaps in school that they grow up to be useless in a high-skilled society, and therefore bitter. Looked down on by their hard-working native peers, returning that resentment, and feeding the destructive circle of multicultural harmony.

• Agree Agree x 1