Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Asking Dealer for seeds

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Trevo4311, May 22, 2009.

1. Would this be sketchy at all? I'm planning on growing sometime soon, and my dealer as some purple fire so I was wondering if it would seem sketchy at all to ask him for some seeds.

2. im sure if you ask for some seeds in a bag you buy from him he wont mind.

3. Doesn't hurt to ask. Just keep in mind that most commercially sold strains are hybrids that do not breed true. Using the seed from them won't necessarily give you the same bud as the bud it came from.

4. if your chill with him it shouldn't be a big deal. just don't give him the thought that your growing will cause him to totally lose you as a customer(even if that is the goal) i doubt a dealer would want to cause himself to lose business.

5. I've never asked any of my dealers for seeds. Sounds like the strangest thing in the world.

6. Most dealers don't have or save seeds unless they are growers, and then they may or may not be willing to sell/give some out.

7. Not sketchy at all

8. beasters and weed that is not sold with seeds means it was most likely a female plant i been trying to get piff seeds for ever no one has em

9. if your dealers selllin dank buds then idk why it would have any seeds in it

10. You find a seed in your dank every once in a while

11. Yes, usually because one or more of the plants partially hermed. It's not unusual to get a male flower or two late in the cycle.

In those cases the seeds are either female or herm, never male.

12. As I've bitched about many times before on here, you can't get quality weed in my area, it just doesn't exist. It's either schwag for Mexico, in which case I just go without, or mids which I will buy when they came around. One time I hooked up with this dealer, probably a year ago who had some actual Cali name brand bud. Complete fucking rarity around here. God it was nice. He told me if I found any seeds in what he sold me he would buy them back for $100 a piece.

Guess he planned on growing because he knew it would be forever before anything else like this came back around. According to OldSkoolGrowers post on this thread it doesn't mean it will come out the same quality and I don't know if this guy just assumed that it would or if he really knew what he was doing, but I was digging around looking for seeds trying to make some money back...hehe. Didn't find any. Never saw the guy again though. Last I heard he was going to try and re-up and I never saw him again so I'm not sure what happened.

13. Exactly. In which case you wanna pray that they are female, not herm.

14. Dude, there is dank everywhere. You just don't know the right people.

15. Bagseed from good bud will usually be good quality, it's just that it won't always match the same characteristics of the bud it came from. Depends on the strain.

16. Not here. Doesn't matter who you know. I mean, granted there are people that grow their own, but they don't sell it. I have smoked some quality off of peoples personal a couple of times. As far as actual large amounts coming through for sale, it just doesn't happen. It's just this area. If I ventured out a couple of hours in either direction (I'm near the Tennessee and Missouri borders) I could find some, but I don't know where to even start since I know noone. I also don't trust my vehicle to make it that far. I've been here for six years and everyone I talk to tells me the same thing. Even people on Grasscity who live in my area say the same thing.

17. You may be right as I don't think I've been in your exact location, but I've travelled to just about every State in the Union and there was top quality bud all over.

I doubt anyone knows EVERY person who sells in their area, no matter how large or small the town.

18. This may be true, but people around here are scared as hell when it comes to weed anyway as they don't just slap you on the wrist most times so it may just be a problem of people staying way to secretive with the good stuff. Either way I only come across it very very rarely and it sucks.

19. Time to think about growing then ;)

20. Good Bud is always there just always a hard find.