AskEd's Coco Guide

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by AskEd, Jun 20, 2010.

1. I'd flush her out with tap water then run a few gallons of normal ph'd feed through.

2. Starting my first grow in coco(hopefully) but I have a question someone with experience could maybe help me with. I'm gonna be going on a Christmas vacation for 4-6 days. Is coco sustainable on its own for this long? The plants will be about 6-8 weeks old. I can overwater in advance, or get some watering cones if others think that would work. Are pH and nutes  going to become a big issue as well?? 

Basically, how easy can a coco coir go into auto-pilot for 4-6 days? Not easy to the point I should just do a soil grow?

Thanks in advance for any help

3. it depends on if they are well established into their pot. A pot filled with roots is gonna take less time to dry than one with little roots that was recently transplanted. I would in general day no though. If you had a drip system with enough nutes and water for a week then you could do it.

I went out of town for a week and I had someone take care of my plants for me. They were a bit stunted to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. HI

I have a problem i grow in coco use Canna AiB ph 5,6-5,7

the leaves are yellow, dry,wrinkled and brittle (
    fragile)

Leaf are wrap (roll)

what is the cause all of this?

sorry i use translator i dont speak english

Attached Files:

5. Coco is organic, and works awesome with organic grows. Currently I use a homemade organic mix that gets me from seed to mid-flower only using water.

Thanks for all the awesome information. Could you elaborate on this organic mix? Is it just coco-perlite-guano?

6. could it be heat stress?

7. Plese just a fast question.Realy didn´t readed the entiyre topic but Can´t find any good information on what exact to use as nutrients mark and nutrient.I want to finish fast to get them and don´t thing anymore for them.There are so many marks.

8. Hey guys I've been reading a lot on this thread an just popped some of my oil in coco , i have a pic , thwy seem an look healthy so far to me but let me know wut you think they sprouted 5 days ago.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. So much for help / advice smhSent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. those are WAY to dry....at five days they should be on the second or third set of leaves...Heres a pic of some clones that had just started throwing roots...it was taken exactly 8 days ago  IMG_20131214_020209.jpg   and here are the same clones 8 days later IMG_20131221_032149.jpg Throw those girls some water with some cal/mag and a tiny shot of nutes....Like once a day...dont be afraid of over watering...you really cant

11. Wow. I had no idea.. I have actually been really scared to over water em.. does it make a diff whether they are clones or just lil girls? Because there only about 8-9 days old.. an what ppm should my nutes be? I did give them like one drop of nutes just to see how they'd react to it an they seemed to love it.. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. first get your ppm to 150-190 with cal/mag...then bring it up to 250-300 to start with nutes...water liberally....watch them take off. Clones or seedlings...no difference

13. also...what kind of light are you using? If its cfl or flourecent...get the seedlings within two or three inches so they dont stretch anymoe

14. Tha ks I appreciate it! I have t5@ as well as my pro gtow 400.. but its seems the only thing with cfls is that it takes longer for the medium to dry I'd saySent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I keep young seedlings/clones 2 inches away from my t5s...And I NEVER let my media get dry

16. Here are my babys now after the update of how often to water/ feed etc.. Big shout out to ninjagrow I now understand haha I'm thinking I should tp .. what's everyone else's thought? Because I've heard that with coco u can keep them in smaller pots longer because they grow faster? Or something of that nature but anyways lemme kno what ya think.. they're 2 weeks an 4 days old, so do thwy look thwyre age? Lol?Funny thing is due to me needing a new ph meter I've just been phing it by trial which could be the cause of the yellow spots on some, and curling of leaves a little?Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

17. More for some reason it only let me attach one lol

Attached Files:

18. Lookin MUCH better !

19. Other pic

Attached Files:

20. I agree...TP those girls