Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ask To Take Small Hits???

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 2PacalypseNow, May 20, 2010.

1. Actually people who judge others for sharing one bowl are the ones who come off as sounding lame, and all ghosting does is damage your lungs. Holding it longer than a 5 seconds or so does nothing other than give you a head rush because there's no oxygen left in your lungs and you begin to absorb the carbon monoxide from the smoke :rolleyes:

2. Haha, wow, really jumping the gun there aren't we? I'm not judging anyone. Would be lame to share just 1 bowl with someone, because 1 person gets the greens, while the other gets the burnt. Would be more efficient to separate the hit into a nice little bowl (We like to call them pen hitters) and everyone is as high and as happy. But yes. With my tolerance level, sharing a bowl with someone would suck.

So how am i sounding lame again? :p

To each their own, brotha. Ghosting, for me, gets me high like a motha. And i enjoy it well. That's when I'm smoking blunts tho, and thats only 33% of the battle. :devious:

Not sure why you're bringing up the 5 second rule tho. I don't remembering mentioning that.

3. You weren't specific, and that's not always the case. If you take nice moderate hits and corner it 2 or even 3 people get to taste the green :)

4. I think he was just stating that anything over 5 seconds is overkill.

5. I brought it up because he mentioned ghosting. The two are related.

6. Or you can just separate the hits. Not everyone is as accurate as the next. :)

Why limit yourself? Seems foolish.

Okay. 2-3 people "Corner hitting" a pipe. I mean, seriously, how much did those three spend on weed to be sharing it in one bowl? I can understand if this was the fuckin supreme bowls of all bowls, but most likely its not. Did they spend like $2.50 each where their obligated to only do 1 bowl?

I'm sure that's not the case either.

But yes. Everything is relative. It's just how its done with my group. Seems to work best for us.

And when i ghost, i don't hold it in for more than 5 seconds, just like every other hit i take, pipe, bong, bubbler, anything.

7. Not everyone fiends every time they smoke. One bowl of my bud with 2 friends will get us all a very nice buzz. Of course it depends on the size of the bowl, etc. Of course we often pack it again, sometimes again, but you don't always have to be a fiend. To each his own :)

Ghosting is holding it so long that almost no smoke comes out. That takes a lot more than 5 seconds, but judging from your posts here and in another thread you just are in arguing mood ;) It's all good, you're entitled to your opinion.

8. I tell my friends to "corner that shit" every time I hand someone a bowl of dank or especially if hash is involved. People know when they are incinerating the entire greens, it crosses everyone's mind while they do it. When people continue to do it and even if you say not to then they are just being greedy. Those type of people don't toke with me. It's very wasteful to light all the greens at once.

9. IMHO there's nothing like sharing a bowl with your close friend. Whatever sounds lame...
    :rolleyes:

10. i think askin someone to take small hits totally goes against the essence of the herb tbh, i mean cannabis teaches you as much as anythin that you are a very small part of somethin far greater than yourself(this is only from my experience, i understand that some of you will have learnt a great deal more from cannabis than myself). i just think that when you share a bowl with someone, there is an unspoken trust and agreement (that comes with maturity quite often) that the person granting the cannabis will allow the person granted it the freedom to satisfy their desired intake of that cannabis, and likewise, that understanding also goes to the point that the other person understands that this is not their cannabis and they cant be over liberal with it as this would be a dick move. SO as long as that understanding is in place things will function without anyone havin to be asked to take small hits. i dont think you should ask anyone to do this, if you offer weed, offer it wholeheartedly enough so that if your friend takes an especially large hit, congratulate him on his high rather than grilling him for smoking too much of your bud.

Just be generous, its a much better way of doing things, im not saying let folk push you around, if someones a dick, then deal with them, but otherwise, just keep loadin bowls for anyone who just wants to experience the sweetness of jane.

11. im not a real social smoker - more of a old fart that hangs at home. got a job/responsibilities, you know.

when i smoke folks out though, i do my best to bring enough green so everyone can have as much as they want. big hits, small hits as many as they want. its all good ;)

12. thats the same way i am. i usually smoke by myself although i do like smoking with other people though. however, when i do smoke people up, i smoke em out. i have tons of weed so they wont want anymore weed because smoking weed with my *****s and then running out isnt a very fun feeling so i figured id smoke em till they're smacked out of they're minds and whatever is left is left. i like being generous. :wave:

13. #53 Mairuzu, May 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2010

Lol now you're calling me out. Nice. No need to judge me brotha. I am in no way in any arguing mood :)

No need to stalk my posts either. :p (joke)

I'm just sitting here at work, enjoying my free time, posting where I wanna post. Spreading my ideas. Hopefully giving out advice as well.

Jumping the gun yet again with that "fiend" comment. No one here is fiending anything. We like to spread the love. The bowls I own aren't capable of being fiended. They're are nicely sized to make a good 1 hit quit. The perfect bowl :)

With proccess of elimination, i'm sure a smart man like you could have understood what i meant by ghosting. Come on now. The Ghost inhale baby!

But yes, Like I've stated already. To each their own.

14. with my group of friends we usually try to get as stoned as we can

15. That was always the primary objective back in highschool but unfortunately that's only a weekend thing now. Everyone from my old "group" is split up from conflicting work schedules and classes now. :(

16. bummer

17. For the purposes of both clarification of this thread, as well as my dictionary thread that I am updating soon (http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/582622-unofficail-stoner-dictionary-pics.html), can you please define ghosting, of hte ghost inhale, as it means to you? And if your definition is different, OSG, I'd like to hear it as well.

18. You sir must be very blazed. :smoking:

19. Small hits are good. Take good sized one's but not too small. Either way if you're using a good bong you'll be ripped no matter how much you smoke.

20. see we call ghosts as in holding the hit till it looks like you exhale nothing zeros, idk thats what me and my friends have always called it, and the ghost inhale is when you take a hit puff a cloud out then suck it back in, like in the movie pineapple express