Ask a Street Artist anything!

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by hockeyman07, May 6, 2011.

1. Irony
    Maybe i'm wrong but wasn't the whole message Banksy was sending is that lots of people don't know what art truly stands for, and the meaning of being an artist. I mean, since Mr Brainwash was a terrible film-maker and became an 'artist' over night, literally. Not to mention only in it for money and fame. All he does is completely rip off other artists styles, like all these kids ripping Banksy

2. Banksy is a political activist, thats what he is famous for, anti-war, anti-capitalism, anti-fascism, anarchism etc.

3. Cool pictures.

Do you make any money from it?

4. #24 fatmaggott, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    not true. real writers can get the finest detail with spray paint. I can.

5. #25 Echoes of Floyd, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
    Those were cool pictures. +rep :smoke:

In my personal opinion, if the owner of the property has a knowing of whats going on (with some exceptions).....The art is representing a positive message.....The art is something pleasant to look at as your passing by, not gang names, and graffiti shit.

Then go ahead and make the world beautiful! :smoke:

If I were to drive by and see those pictures you posted I would have such a loving reaction.

-I love looking at art/beauty/imagination/colors wherever I go

-Plain grey and white walls are pretty damn boring

-And bad graffiti, profanity, violence, gang signs & symbols. :mad:

Have you ever seen your heard of these people? Their called 'BLU' from Brazil or London, hahaha somewhere. but their pretty damn talented. Made a thread awhile back about them.

(Starts around 40ish seconds in)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuGaqLT-gO4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

http://forum.grasscity.com/artists-corner/774417-amazingggg-animated-graffiti-artist.html

6. exactly, real graffiti writers dont use stencils, thats weak, its all in the wrists baby

7. thanks man. I agree with your points. Iv never heard of those people...really amazing, coool:wave:

Nope. Do it all to be aesthetically pleasing...

Though if I did want to be known I could do art shows..make some cashola:smoke:

8. I guess..when your tagging your name in block letters to get personal recognition...

Not my style:rolleyes:

9. What is your order of application when you're spraying?

Outline, fill, outline again?
    Fill first, then outline?
    Little of this, some 'o that?
    Etc..

10. whats the craziest place you've ever bombed?

11. If I gave you a photoshopped picture of my head, with a giraffe penis as the nose and a whale body, could you plaster it on the Whitehouse?

12. wheatpasting! i love it the whole process of drawing a design then drawing it way bigger and filling with sharpie then making my own glue to finally posting it up on a wall ... amazing

13. I wish there was a 'dislike' button... :rolleyes:

14. lol please.....you aint got no style, the one picture you posted is lame recycled and biten at best. REAL WRITERS just laugh at people like you, fucking trend slaves the lot of ya, give up

15. So fun...

16. Haha I've started writing again it feels good blazed lol...

17. I have been doing more freestyle writing and drawing lately, to imrpove my stlye over just using stencils. But I always like to outline the entire thing and then go in..Fill it, then spend more time on the final outline of it.

Downtown Vancouver right by a hotel behind it in their "courtyard". Worker came out and must of knew whats up,,used my ninja skills to evade that :wave:

No style is throwing up your tag name/gang onto neigborhood walls. Not sure what you define writters as..

It is an art form that is not under the constrains of the gallery :D

18. So you think that handstyles don't show any creativity or skill?

19. prime example of why I shouldn't eat edibles and post :l

20. Maybe you did some of the gnarly shit I see in vancouver sometimes