Ask a (drug,protection,etc.) dog trainer

Discussion in 'General' started by PitMastiff3, Jan 20, 2011.

1. if anyone has questions for someone who trains drug dogs and protection, and does general obedience etc. feel free to ask.

:smoke::hello::wave::smoke:

2. Well heres a useful one finally.

First off: Best dog?

3. Please explain the training process? How can we avoid these dogs?

4. What's the best way to stump a dog when it comes to cannabis.

5. ride around with a cat in your car><><>:p:cool:

6. #6 PitMastiff3, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
    is arguable, but in my opinion german shepard

dont get pulled over? what do you mean exactly keep your pot away from them?

depends on what your doing. what i mean is are you going through the airport or driving down the high way with pot on you? or hiding out in your dorm? coffee beans is a myth.

7. Well, if it's a home, Shred up stems, leaves, seeds, etc. and spread them all over your yard. So when the dog comes, it'll go crazy and smell weed everywhere and the cops will think the dog is just exited.

8. If you had ______ in heat urine, would that throw the dogs off enough?

9. missed the part about the training process, sorry.

well first off all the dogs go through basic obedience. sit, stay, heel, etc. the dogs that are chosen to be drug or bomb dogs are usually the crazy high strung dog. the reason they're like this is because they are so eager to please. they want to make you happy and get they're toy and praise from you because that is the #1 thing on their mind. so from the get go the dog is getting a toy filled with (for the sake of the thread marijuana).

the toy is like a piece of pvc pipe but softer. it has holes in it. the middle is hollow and contains a baggy of mj. everytime this dog sit correctly, or heels the way he's supposed to he gets a reward. in this case the reward is his toy filled with mj. now as the dog get older and you hide marijuana he thinks he's looking for his toy. so when a dog is searching your car he's looking for his toy. it can also be said he's looking for the pot so he gets his toy.

Disclaimer: these are some of my training methods. there are other methods and much of this information could be argued or disputed by other trainers, but i want to share my knowledge since ive seen multiple threads on drug dogs and have read too many false facts on them.

10. its potential. first off good luck getting that piss. second: it really depends on how well the dog is trained. some dogs will have such drive and want to work that they would walk right by the actual bitch in heat. Other dogs that have been rushed through their training or dogs bought on the cheap, that shouldn't be sold for this work but are anyways, could definetly be thrown off by a lot of this, like the weed and stems spread on your yard, but the dog is looking for the strongest smell or the source. they'll find multiple bags and pound in a house in different hiding places without "going nuts"

11. can I track my puppy?some machine?

12. Why is that?

Also, wouldnt the sex drive override his desire for his toy?

13. what do you mean by track? start scent training? machine?:confused:

14. Mind=blown.

But I'm high I dunno if this is really fuckin awsome or just borimg

15. How do I make my dog stop eating cat shit out of the litter box

16. as far as the piss goes if you know the female dog in heat that's one thing, but if you have owned a female dog before, just trying to get a sample for the vet is hard enough. if you dont know the dog it really depends dog to dog but a bitch in heat can be like a chick pms-ing.

now the sex drive: its definitely possible for the dog to want to break for the female dog but like many things it depends on the dog. there would be variables like: how often he's been exposed to female in heat, has he been bread before and is neutered.

17. things that help: what kind of dog? how old?

18. 14 weeks. Yellow lab.

19. First, Im in Texas. ___ in heat urine is very easy to get:p

Do you train police dogs or private ones?

20. i read that the police often train the dogs to essentially falsely react to marijuana scent, the dog is actually responding to a que from the officer, rather than the smell of marijuana. is that true?