Asian Landrace Seeds

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by jawlessbody, Apr 1, 2021.

1. So I'm collecting seeds so I can begin breeding projects next year upon moving to Michigan. I've been ordering African and Asian landrace sativas (French Touch Seeds' K1 and Mangu Karot; Indian Landrace Exchange's Valley of Flowers, Wailing Valley, and Eastern Manipur/Burma border; World of Seeds Kilimanjaro, South African Kwazulu) I'm going to get some Durban and Malawi seeds to round out my African selection, but I can't seem to find any pure Thai or other Asian landraces. So I have some questions:

1). Is anyone other than Ace Seeds offering landrace asian sativa genetics? And can I get the original landraces (Vietnam Black, Luang Prabang, Cambodian etc.) Used to breed the asian hybrids that Ace has? (Thai Chi, Golden Tiger, Orient Express)

2). If I can't find seeds for the pure lines is it possible to breed for recessive genes found in the grandparents of certain strains? For example, can I use a male and female Orient Express plant and pheno hunt for progeny most representative of the Vietnam Black and China Yunnan genetics respectively?

3). Do any seed banks that ship to America carry Ace seeds? Or Cannabiogen?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Very nice list.
    Sure you can selective breed. The more plants you devote to it the better / faster the results.

Seedfinder is what I see used / suggested the most.

BNW

3. check the link for landracers: Southeast Asia Archives - The Real Seed Company - Landrace Seeds

good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've got a handful of good seeds from Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, even some from China. Recently moved from SE-Asia to Europe, and really beat myself over the head I still have those seeds in my house over there! Very interesting, deep, intense flavors. 5 years worth of gathering!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I run a boutique seedbank based out of Cambodia. I've lived here for several years & through a lot of hard work, risk, networking & trust building, I've established sources of primarily Cambodian landrace seeds from a few selected, capable & locally well respected farmers. I have recently restocked & have a fresh inventory with detailed descriptions of the lines on offer. For further information, email Steve <monkeypuzzlegenetics@yahoo.com>