Asian keyboard

Discussion in 'General' started by 1Trismegistus1, Mar 12, 2010.

1. I was wondering, what the hell would an Asian keyboard look like, since they're language isn't written in a 26 letter alphabet, but in a whole bunch of signs. Does japanese/chinese still have an alphabet? or is it just symbols for entire words.

I didn't google it or anything, I was just wondering if this question dawned upon anyone else, and if anyone has the answer haha

2. #3 Ezav420, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    wowww..thats really cool.. thats cool and ive never seen that before.:eek::hello:

:smoke::smoke:

3. The Japanese alphabet has a character for all the vowels (a,e,i,o and u) and the rest of there symbols are for syllables (like か=ka, む= mu, な= na and so forth). One symbol doesn't make an entire word.

4. I'm pretty happy I'm not an Asian living in Asia...their language seems like a hassle. I guess ours has it's pros and cons too though.

5. i thought english was the hardest language to learn though seeing as how its always changing. the japanese/asian alphabet relies on symbols therefore stays relatively the same. english just progresses faster. one word these days can mean several. is that right? :confused:

6. I would say Japanese is the hardest language to learn If your try to master kanji (basically another Japanese alphabet composed of a lot of Chinese characters) It has something like 70'000 characters. But it all depends on your native language and the actual "hardest language to learn" is highly debatable.

Other languages progress just as fast as ours. Everyone has their own slang and dialects which are always evolving. The same goes for one word having multiple meanings, it's common in just about every language... or at least the ones I have studied.

7. English is not hard to learn, its hard to pass yourself off as completely fluent though because of all the slang and double meanings but there are much harder languages to learn