Ashes of a loved one

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 420maus, May 8, 2013.

1. Just wondering, has anyone ever used a loved one's ashes in a soil grow before. My uncle recently passed and he was one of the most influential people in my life. We always used to burn one and get lost in conversation or I'd just watch him jam on w/e guitar he brought over for that weekend (he was a fucking wizard on the strings). I just wanna add a little to my organic soil, since I reuse it. I feel like it would be a nice way to make sure he lives on.
    Thanx!

2. Ever watched "how high?" ??? ivory would come back as a ghost when they smoked him ahha!

if you think its something that your uncle would enjoy then go for it, do whatever will honor him the most to you ya know?

3. Apply it very lightly, most people only do a couple tablespoons per CF

Best wishes and thats my wish when I pass as well, I sure he would think it's jive as fuck.

4. I agree, only a little per CF. no disrespect but when it comes down to it those ashes are almost straight carbon, too much carbon in your soil will actually bond with other nutrients in your soil and can then do more harm than good. This is why "charging" bio-char is advised, because if not it will soak up the nitrogen in the soil and it will cause deficiencies. Where as nitrogen charged carbon will slowly be released as needed.

Bless Uncle, also be sure to grow his favorite strain. I mean if you want to honor him that way, you'd want it to be something that he truly loved.

SD

5. Thank you all for input and wishes :)

Budz: of course i've seen "How High" LOL. CLASSIC!!! i could only be so lucky for that to happen to me.

Microbes & Sean: that's what i wanted to know, if i would have any nutrient issues, so no offense was taken. I wanna be able to smoke what he sprouts :)
    i guess i'll just sprinkle a little since i'm not getting much anyways.

As far as the strain, he was more of a regs guy LOL (old schooler). But he never turned down the high grade when he came over, so any strain will do in his opinion.

This is the next strain i'm gonna attempt
    https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/barney-39-s-farm-red-dragon/prod_93.html

6. This might sound kind of personal but if you were able to go through some of his belongs and find a stash box with seeds I would sprout the lot!

7. Lol, the family already found them and gave them to me. But most of them look old, no tiger stripes. They are mostly pale unfortunately.

8. Wrong thread edit

Screw it throw them in a paper towel and take the ride!