Asher Roth - Asleep in the bread isle

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by boatsnhos, Apr 23, 2009.

1. i just bought it and its sicck,anyone else got it?

2. Nope, he's bad IMO lol

3. nah dude asher roth is the shit

4. I really like Asher Roth. But this should be in the music section, sorry to be a bitch.

5. I fucking love Asher Roth. =D

6. he sounda lot like eminem and his lyrics sound the same to me also... I've only heard one song that a friend burnt for me but I like it fo sho.

7. his voice is kinda similar to eminem's but asher's lyrics and flow are definitely not on em's level.

some of asher's shit is aright to me, but i can't say ive listened to any of it a whole lot.

what i wanna hear is his old shit, when he was hungry. like i kinda felt a few tracks on the greenhouse effect mixtape, but ive heard small clips from a few old songs of his that sounded on point.

8. II LOOVVEE COLLEEDGGEE

gay...guys a clown

9. yeah, he sucks....

10. what does he have to rap about. he looks like a rich, preppy college kid.

11. i like asher, his beats and wicked chill and he has good lyrics. nothing against asher but....

em > chris webby > asher

for now....

12. There ya go. He can rap about being a rich preppy college kid!

Does rap have to be about "boats and hos"?

13. not every rap has to be about slangin' drugs smackin a bitch around and coming from the ghetto. Rap is a style, your lyrics can be about whatever you want. dont be ignorant.

14. i agree rap doesnt have to be gangsta. but asher roth raps about how much he loves college and how hes not like eminem. he needs something better than that to stick around...

15. :eek:

Asher Roth sucks, btw.

16. He's just another white boy comedic rapper.
    Nothing special.
    Listen to his old shit, before this new cd.
    He used to be pretty good, but shit went downhill once talk of a full release arose.

17. was actually just listening to it.
    its ok I guess
    I like 'as I em'

18. Hmmmmmm...... Yes, agreed. Fuck mtv, and fuck popular music. Music is just becoming all about image these days, and what 'scene' you are part offf. ehhwwhhhh. :mad:

19. Does rap have to be about "boats and hos"?[/QUOTE]

IM ON A BOAT

20. ^ I agree, I hate MTV. I kinda like Asher Roth from what I heard from the Greenhouse effect, so I got his cd, the first thing I notices upon opening the case was an advertisement to buy ring tones, like those shitty commercials on tv. That royaly pissed me off for some reason, but the cd was ok, good beats but there was not much lyrical content.
    His mixtape seemed like good hip hop from a different point of view, Asleep in the Bread Aisle is Hip Hop Lite.