Ashcatcher simulation

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by steve5006, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Alright, so i've been thinking of buying an ashcatcher for one or both of my bongs but before I go and drop 50-100 dollars on one of these babies I want to know if it's going to do what I expect it to. So what I got thinking tonight was that I could try putting the mouthpiece of my bubbler up to the downpipe on my bong as a way to simulate using an ashcatcher. what do you think?

2. If you can form a tight seal it might work, but the times I've tried something similar I've failed lol

3. #3 Smokeitdown, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009
    Lol, theres no point in doing this. It could work, or you could make a big mess. Plus you have to cover the carb, hold it up to the bong, and light it all at the same time. Good luck.

Just buy one. I had one that broke, but it was amazing while it lasted. Great investment IMO.

If you are not buying one for a top end piece of glass, just get the cheapest a/c you can find, that looks sturdy.

4. good luck with that.

you shouldn't judge an a/c based on your experiment. an a/c is MADE for that.

jerry-rigged things will always be lesser to purposely functional wares.

especially sticking a bubbler mouthpeice to the downstem of your bong expecting it to hit as if it were an a/c on there.

5. I have a CF Bong with a percalator and a downstem both diffused. The ashcatcher which i bought separately does indeed actually catch i would say 85-95% of all the stuff that would otherwise get into my bong. It gets all the big parts and everything important, eventually in a couple months you would need to clean the bong out but all the collects in other parts besides the ashcatcher in any bong is just the sticky shit right above the water line but with no real ash or pieces of bud.

6. Just buy the ashcatcher.

7. i'm not exactly interested in the cleaning effect. i use screens in my pieces to curtail the amount of shit that comes through.

You guys are probably right. I had that idea late last night after working on a whole lot of final assignments for this semester and wasn't exactly thinking about all the stuff that would happen in doing that. with all that I'd have to do to get that experiment to work i'd probably drop something and be very unhappy about it.

The thing I'm having a tough time deciding though is which of my bongs to buy the ashcatcher for. I mean I've found ones that look like they'd work for both but I don't know whether I should drop the dough on buying both or selecting just one to get an A/C