Ashcatcher Question...

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by tootsierocks, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Sooooo I recently bought this inline...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And it is getting dirty as shit after using it. I feel bad for getting it so dirty so I am looking for a cheap ash catcher... Doesn't have to be good quality or anything just looking for something to prevent ash from getting into the pipe...
    My question is will an ashcatcher with an angle joint work?
    Weed Star Bubble Precooler CS5 - 18.8 - English - Grasscity.com

Will something like that work or do I need something like this
    WS Colour Precooler 2 - 18.8 - English - Grasscity.com

These aren't the styles or ashcatcher I want to get but does the joint angle need to be more like ---\ or more like ---|

2. probably going to want the 2nd one bro. technically either will work, but your bowl is straight up. you should get the ash catcher with a straight up design too. if it leans then there is more chance of splash back and you'll need to use more water.

3. I mean "technically" it doesn't matter? Both will work... What do you mean by splash back though?

4. Where the water flows out of the perc to another part of the piece

5. After looking at the pics it looks like u have your choice of a million a/c's just pick one you like.

I hope you didn't pay 275 for that.

6. Trust me I wasn't going to pay near $275 for that :smoke:. I got it for $120 and I didn't have to pay tax :)

7. Whew good. But why don't you pick an ashcatcher from same place u picked up the inline? I'm sure he would let you put them on another new one from the shop an hit them with just water to see which you prefer.

8. Didn't think about it at the time... I have another piece and it's frosted. I have never seen how dirty the frosted one has been. After seeing how bad this clear pipe gets :/.. I am truly glad I did get it in clear because seeing the smoke fill up the pipe is mesmerizing.

9. That's a nice piece, and honestly, I wouldn't put an A/C on it. If it gets too dirty, clean it before you hit it. Changing the water after every hit is a good practice. My inline gets dirty after each hit (naturally), and I just rinse it with warm water after almost every hit. You don't have to use product for each clean.

However if you do get an A/C, you shouldn't just get some cheap thing to keep it clean... think about function, trust me you'll be happier. Get a small showerhead or another inline to compliment it, that would be kick ass. Just don't put anything too big on there.

10. a carbon filter would also be a good option. They work good for inlines

11. Will the carbon filter catch the ash though?