Ashcatcher/Precooler

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Midwest Smoker, Jul 19, 2012.

1. So does anyone use these? Any reviews because I'm considering getting one.

2. I recommend them, just another chamber to cool the smoke.

3. I would definently get an ashcatcher. It keeps the bong cleaner and it is added filtration for the smoke. I had a 8-arm and now a showerhead ashcatcher and would definently recommend them.

4. Precoolers and ash catchers are slightly different.

A/c are designed to be easier to clean than the normal piece. These are usually shower heads or tree systems.

Precoolers do not and can sometimes still let ash inside the piece. Often these are inlines

Carbon catchers use carbon to filter the smoke. Many people have been switching over because a CC is much smaller but does everything a A/C does and it is easier to clean

5. they will add drag, but id recommend.

6. I have a carbon filter and I love it. Keeps my bong super clean after a lot of smokes.

7. I like the carbon filter- but i HATE having to keep replacing the activated carbon- shit gets expensive.

Also- in my setup- i have my bongs downtsem K clipped- and my bowl K-clipped to the ash catcher.

I pull the ash-catcher to clear- that way there is no drag after its milked.

8. ^^doesnt that leave stale smoke in the ashcatcher?

Ad I bought like a pound of carbon from petco a few months ago for like $15 and I haven't nearly used all of it

Carbon filters definitely make a difference in smoothness though.

9. Agreed-

I usually do snap-bowls- so i milk until the ash-catcher has no smoke left(which is a perfect sized hit- by the time my bowl snaps)- then pull the ash-catcher and rip!

Works pretty good- for my setup!

10. Ive had an Ashcatcher, it was unreal. Keeps your bong way cleaner, makes hits smoother, makes the bong look better, and more filtration, more distance for smoke, cooler hit. They're sick, you have to try them out. Helps a ton

11. [quote name='"HossTheBosss"']Ive had an Ashcatcher, it was unreal. Keeps your bong way cleaner, makes hits smoother, makes the bong look better, and more filtration, more distance for smoke, cooler hit. They're sick, you have to try them out. Helps a ton[/quote]

I like what I've read about A/C and will look into getting one, but can someone tell me pros and cons of Diffuser ”beads.”

12. The carbon beads keep res out of the bong, filter smoke to filter out all carcinogens, etc. much healthier way to smoke. Keeps shit clean too

13. [quote name='"HossTheBosss"']The carbon beads keep res out of the bong, filter smoke to filter out all carcinogens, etc. much healthier way to smoke. Keeps shit clean too[/quote]

Thanks. Good information.

14. No problem. They're not too pricey and help your bong a lot. I'm sure If you end up looking into it then you'll be satisfied