Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ash Stains

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Breh, Feb 6, 2009.

1. I was supposed to post this a few weeks ago but I always forget about it. :<

Alright. Like 2 weeks back, I accidentally set my lightbulb vape on the ground without wiping the black stuff off the bulb. If you know what I'm talking about, good. If not, you can still help, so stick around. Help out a fellow stoner. :3

So anyway, it left a huge stain on my carpet. It looks just like an ash stain (as I've spilled plenty of ashes when high :S), and it just won't go away. I tried putting some a soap and water on it ASAP at the time, but it only got rid of like half of it. It's in plain view, right next to my window, so I have it covered with a bunch of papers and junk I always have laying around for now. However, my mom has an obsession for cleaning and usually cleans up my room every month or so. I should probably get rid of this stain (and some less-noticable ones) before she goes on her cleaning-rampage again.

Any ideas on how I can get the stain out easily? I can always resort to sneaking some 409 (I think it's used to remove stains...?) up in my room, but it leaves like a white spot where you've cleaned if I remember correctly.

I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Come on guys, seriously? I'm sure at least one of you can help me out. :/

3. Resolve Carpet Cleaner...buy it at wal-mart...works wonders. That or ZOUT...with the cleaning power of oxygen! nah, but really...you're gonna need some kind of chemical cleaner like the previously mentioned to pull the stain out. Maybe you singed the carpet...as it's most likely nylon or polyester...meaning it'll melt easy from heat, also meaning...you're fucked. But if it's just some soot from the vape, some carpet cleaner will pull it right out.

4. Naw, the vape wasn't hot when I put it down. In fact, I didn't even remember myself putting it down at the time. I just looked down and there was this huge ass stain in my carpet. :<

5. He's correct.

and while you're at it get a Shamwow..

Just get a carpet cleaner and some old fashion elbow grease man.

6. If all else fails..just spill something else over it like pop or something darker. You mom won't be as mad with that.

7. Bleach and water. be careful with the amount of bleach though cause if you put too much it will be a lighter color than the rest of the carpet.

8. If you don't want to go the cleaner route, get some salt, dump it on the stain and use a toothbrush or something abrasive to scrub at it. Salt is so versatile. :) You will have to vacuum it up though, try using the attachments.
    If that doesn't work, then heed Gods Great Gift's advice :)

9. Spill something over it and have tyour mom clean it:D