Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ash in my Bubbler

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hibong, Sep 6, 2012.

1. I bought this sherlock bubbler ( Colored Sherlock - Sherlocks - Colored and Color Changing Glass - Smoking Pipes - Grasscity.com ) and it's my first bubbler and the bowl is so huge ash is falling through it a lot, I just cleaned it, which is very difficult, and I don't want any more ash falling through the bowl. Any suggestions? I think there's something I can buy like a screen to catch the ash, but I don't know where or what to get. Any help's greatly appreciated. Thanks & PEACE!!:D

2. What he said ^

Go to any convenience store (better odds if it's not a popular chain convenience store), any place that has "smoke" in the name, or any headshop and ask for pipe screens.
    If they try to charge you over $1.00 for a pack (usually 5 or 10 screens), talk them down because that's a ridiculous price.
    If you find the screen is too big for the bowl and pops out, you can just cut it smaller with any pair of scissors.

Spending the dollar or so on a pack of screens will pay for itself after the first bowl you smoke with the first screen :)

3. Well personally I like the glass screens..

I like the bigger daisies you can get to go in the center, or having a fancy 5hole slide, any glass screen is nice to have.

4. The glass ones are nice, but I find they get clogged very quickly

5. Yeah thanks guys this is REALLY helpful!! Not new to pot, but I've been smoking with papers for like years and it's my first "piece" and I was smoking out of it a ton and the ash backed up. I'll probably just get some screens off the grasscity, thanks juicy jay z!

6. You could probbably go to your local hardware store and go to the sink isle and plop out the metal screens on the display sinks.

7. yo why would u spend over a bill on a bubbler?...i have 20 dollar one jus as big as urs...doubt the glass quality effects ur high...i would have bought a nice bong instead...

8. Use glass in glass and metal in metal. thermal expansion causes the metal to expand while in the bowl and may eventually break your glass.

9. If your glass breaks from using a metal screen,Its a piece of shite.

10. You already know what you need (screener for the ash), so do you have any headshops you can go to? They will have them in a few sizes. Also I agree with that other dude a bubbler is a bubbler I see no reason why that one costs almost $200. The one I have cost me £15 or less.
    Come to think of it I'm surprised GC didn't include screens with it or at least give you the option for a $1 more or something. If you were to purchase glass in a hs they would throw in a pack for you because it's y'know, almost mandatory to use one. If you gotta get it online however eBay will definitely have it I'm sure, or any online retailer that sells bongs/papers/grinders etc.

11. Yeah, I just started opening up to bongs, pipes, pieces, etc recently and saw this awesome thing. Honestly, I could've and probably should've gone to a headshop for a bubbler, but nevertheless I'm satisfied with the bubbler, it's really great, just built up ash after a lot of use through these past few days. Anyways, I'll probably just find a local headshop so I can get familiar with it and get better deals and advice. THANKS!