Ash-cathers kill flavor???

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Dr. Errl Hammond- B.H.O., Aug 8, 2012.

1. is it just me or does adding a water filled ash catcher to your bowl/stem kills the flavor of the goods in the bowl....

i am not saying they are not smoother, i prefer to use them i guess,

but....it seems that adding the second water chamber really reduces the good flavors i get from just using the bowl/stem..

does anyone else agree with this?

(PureGlassClassicBeaker/6 arm-tree perc ashcatcher/ diffuser downstem) mmmmm....i love ripping this thing

2. Yeah but not by much, not as much as carbon filters anyway.

3. Idk about you but when I use a carbon filter my herb tastes better and cleaner, that's what the carbon does it filters.

But I agree that with an ashcatcher, you lose the flavor a bit. Definitely can take larger smooth hits with an ashcatcher though.

4. Anytime your having more diffusion your killing flavor. Carbon filters make the taste less potent, but its a much cleaner taste.

5. Depends on the kind of ash catcher and how clean you keep it, really. Most people let their ash catchers get filthy. For the most part, you're going to lose some flavor.

6. i happen to be one of those crazy people that keep their glass and bowls "showroom clean" , well, i like to do an ISO rinse about every weekend at some point, lil 2 minute rinse goes a long way.

i have not tried a carbon filter in the bong before.....but am going to now :D

one question, how long do they last? any negs to them?

for a really clean taste get a VBros vape w/ GonG attachment on whip ....awesome rips with those...ya know...if you like giant vapor hit sorta things

7. Mine goes through 3 chambers ....... Ash catcher , bong then Perc ....... If its good weed , you still taste it

8. Cali-
    yes, you do, but at a weaker level of taste/flavor imo

i run mine through the bubbler catcher/diffuser stem/main chamber/then ice, and ONLY use water and cubes from my ZERO WATER filtration, (000 tds).

i also am a big fan of vape into bong rips thanks to my Vapor Bros and attachments....now that is a pure and massive rip.

9. This.

10. [quote name='"vapeorbong"']i happen to be one of those crazy people that keep their glass and bowls "showroom clean" , well, i like to do an ISO rinse about every weekend at some point, lil 2 minute rinse goes a long way.

i have not tried a carbon filter in the bong before.....but am going to now :D

one question, how long do they last? any negs to them?

for a really clean taste get a VBros vape w/ GonG attachment on whip ....awesome rips with those...ya know...if you like giant vapor hit sorta things[/quote]

Well you say you like ur shit clean, i do daily iso rinses, and change my carbon when i do that, itll keep the taste up compared to running it through reisen top of carbon.