Ash Catcher vs. Carbon Filter

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by smoker126548, Dec 11, 2009.

1. I have been looking at inline ash catchers and carbon filters to add to my 9 arm percolated MGW bong. I already tried searching for this question. Should I go with an inline ash catcher or a carbon filter?:confused:

2. ash catcher

3. carbon filter cleans the hit of a good amount of impurities. The ashcatcher just cools it further, all the while giving you another piece to clean much more often, and we all know that the most vulnerable time for glass is during cleaning. I broke my illy ashcatcher after i cleaned it, very sad, anyway i have wanted a carbon filter forever, i just have to find a store that sells em. A good carbon fiter is a lot cheaper too, plus activated carbon is so cheap you can find it at almost any pet store or aquarium/fish supply store.

4. i would vote ash catcher because it will provide a smoother hit then without one, will make it so you can clean your bong less, and it requires one less material (the carbon) then a carbon filter which has to be replaced. cant the carbon filter out thc? it seems like it would

5. no, it does filter out some bad smoke particles though, but yea for a cooler hit the only thing taht helps is more water filtration or diffusion. It really depends on what kind of hit your looking for, a cleaner hit with less smoke taste smell-carbon filter. cooler hit-ashcatcher

6. Activated carbon also provides a smoother hit, better tasting hit, and keeps your piece cleaner than an ash catcher. Its only about 6 - 8 bucks for a pound of it and youll change it and clean it less than an ash catcher.

Ash catchers look better and get a lot less questions and looks but in the end id say carbon over ash catcher. Not to mention RooR has a carbon filter for about 30 bucks. Good luck finding a nice ash catcher that cheap.

7. I think next time I stop in at my local headshop I'm ganna see if they have any of the carbon filter attatchemnts and give it a shot.

8. i was thinking of doing the same thing today, i hope they have them in stock though...

9. I personally think the carbon filter will give you the least harsh hit you can get. So I'd def go with that. They're much cheaper as well.

10. I bought an ash catcher with some button percs recently and i decided to throw some activated charcoal in it with some water which kind of combines the two.

11. Mobius Meso Matrix Glass Carbon Adapter pic 1 week old water.jpg I often use both for filtration and diffusion.