Ash catcher question

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Popeye, Jan 18, 2011.

1. I bought the Mad Scientist with the ash catcher and percolater. I'm having a hard time figuring out the water levels. I am not a noob but as far as glass goes I am

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Should the ash catcher be full of water also. Every time I hit it the water goes into the main bubble. Also water ends up in the perculater chamber. Is this supposed to happen?

2. Looks like an inline ashcatcher right? I cant really tell from the pictures but yeah you put water in and fill it to where the diffuser holes are just barely covered with water.

3. What about the perc chamber? should water end up there too?

4. I like the water to be about 1/4-1/2 inch above the slits (or holes).
    To be honest, this overflowing or splashback you are getting is very common in cheap ashcatchers. Its a design flaw really. Inlines are also notorious for this as well.

5. here it is

Attached Files:

6. you have to have to water levels in inlines pretty low. barely over the slits, 1/8 of an inch and that crap will glarp you.

Yes you fill the perc chamber with a little wter too, trust me and just barely fill it above the holes or you will get glarp (bong water sucked up the tube)

7. Looks like you've also got a lot of water in your base of your bong, rule of thumb for all bongs: just have the water barely past the holes, otherwise you end up with lots of drag, a shitty clear and most likely, a mouth full of waterl

8. You have waaaay to much water in the bottom chamber

just barely cover the holes on the downstem.

9. ya I have been experimenting on levels. shpont I be pulling the whole ash catcher to clear or just the bowl stem?

10. just the bowl. I have been thinking about posting a water level fill guide in the newbie section. I think i can post a pic for almost every diffusion method lol.

11. Wow guys...thats so much better. Thanks, rep for all your replies. Peace