Ash catcher doesnt quite fit on my US Tubes

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by theburner, Apr 5, 2012.

1. So i just got a hisi u joint ash catcher: Hand Blown Glass Bong Ashcatchers (the one that is not angled) and it wont fit in my bongs downstem because its a 18.8>14.5 8-arm perc downstem and the bong is too thick at the joint for the ashcatcher to fit on it. my glass looks like this: US Tubes 40 Mini Beaker

Any suggestions how to fix this? new downstem? adapter of some sort?

2. I'm not sure you can "fix" this. The angled version of the A/C would have been a better purchase. The straight version is usually for stemless pieces.

3. Alright, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I'm getting from your situation.

You have a 14.5 to 18.8 downstem. Which means that your down stem first it to small to fit the A/C assuming you bout the 18.8 size.

Now, when you say "U" joint, I believe you're referring to the 90 degree angle A/C.

That's what they are most commonly referred to as.

Now third, the bong you should in the picture is a 45 degree bong.

If what I assume is correct, you bought the wrong angle A/C for the bong first off, and you bought the wrong joint size for your downstem.

So your best bet would be to buy a 45 degree to 90 degree converter in the joint size of 18.8

Then buy another downstem that is 18.8 only in size.

Or you can buy a 45 degree A/C that is 14.5 in joint size.

Either of those choices can solve your problem, if I understood it correctly.

4. #4 Technyque, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
    I can't fully understand what's being asked, but from my understanding is that you need something to get the ashcatcher further away from the piece to fit onto it? I had similar issues with an ashcatcher I bought for my GC bubbler, it wouldn't fit all the way into the joint without it touching the side of it, and thus didn't go in. I bought a carbon filter to solve the problem, since there weren't any little bullshit adapters I could buy for cheap, and it raised the high of the joint that I would have to put the A/C in.

Edit: Yes, after looking at the US tubes picture it occurred to me that you are having the same issue I did. Although it may be pricy, it's only a price you'd have to pay one time to solve it instead of buying another downstem and another ashcatcher. The ROOR carbon filter glass piece is kinda tall, and by the looks of the A/C and beaker, you should be able to get it to work. FYI although some people may call it dumb and not always agree, I hardly ever use the filter with the carbon pellets, just wanted it so I could use my a/c with the bubbler.

5. the EHLE carbon filters are longer too might help wit the height

6. thanks Technyque, answered my question perfectly, ill head down to my lhs for a filter