Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

.. as high as you can get?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by xbellajanex, Feb 10, 2010.

1. my boyfriend says he can only get so high, but i'm pretty sure the more i smoke the higher i get. lol.

is it possible it's different for everyone? or is he full of shit? haha.
    :D

2. i think its when you greenout. but i can be wrong

3. i asked him that and he said not really, it's more like he just doesn't get any more high.. he stays just so baked so what's the point?.. lol i don't know if that makes any sense.

4. I know what he means. After a certain amount of weed, I dont feel like Im getting any higher. Its like hitting a plateau.

5. I thought I had a very high tolerance until I ate bud brownies. I ended up eating 2 of them because I was impatient and did not wait long enough for the first one to kick in. In about an hour and half I was so high that it was extremely uncomfortable. I was not able to walk straight, my heart was pounding, and it lasted about 12 HOURS.

So you can either take a tolerance break for a few weeks, or a month, or longer...

OR

You can eat bud brownies or any other edibles and it will definitely hit you harder.

6. I call that being stoned.

7. I'm thinking his tolerance is probably really high, so anything beyond a wake-and-bake is probably going to seem so weak that it feels like he isn't getting any higher. Furthermore, there really is a physical limit to how high you can get (from cannabinoid receptors down-regulating after repetitive use), but thats usually just tolerance-related, too.

This happens to me all the time, so I mix it up a lot. Try suggesting either a switch to edibles as mentioned (which almost always works), or just taking a tolerance break for a week or two.

8. It basically comes down to simple science and math.

Most people peak on weed within 10 minutes, and then it tapers out from there on our over the course of a few hours. So if you are packing small bowl after small bowl, eventually you will reach a plateau of sorts as your intake of THC isn't fast enough to keep up with how quickly your body processes the THC.

Solutions: to get higher, simply intake more AT ONCE, not over the course of a few hours. This is why blunts get you so high (large amount of marijuana consumed in a short period), and edibles (you can put way more thc in your stomach, than in your lungs).

However: If you really want to get high, and you don't want to burn all your weed at once, you can slow the metabolization of THC all together. Look for tagamet or cimetidine. It's an over the counter medication intended for blocking stomach acids that cause heartburn. It's also effective at blocking the enzymes that metabolize THC, and turn it into nothing. For a 5 hour high, I've done four (800 mg) an hour before smoking, and bam. High all day.

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text. As far as getting higher with OTC's go, as always, research it for yourself before going forth with it.

9. #9 Hilikus, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2010
    Really depends for me. If I gradually smoke alot, I kinda hit a plateau... or so it feels at the moment, but the next day I might think back at the things I thought/did/said, or maybe I don't remember them at all lol, and I think "wowwww I was really fucking baked!"

If I smoke alot (or even just a decent amount) in a short period, like when I'm with one other person and it's going back and forth quickly, I tend to get alot higher 'cause it hits me all at once like a ton of bricks.

EDIT: ... I guess that makes it different for everyone, because I definitely know people who continuously smoke alllllll day which doesn't make much sense to me because I'd just get deliriously burnt after a certain point instead of higher.

Oh wowww lol schizo's scientific evidence just totally backed me up haha!

10. it's what i'm here for. :smoke:

11. yeahh exactly.... if you smoke several times a day and start smoking in the morning.... by the 5th or 6th session u wont really get high anymore... juss feel a light burnout buzz for a while.... thats why its good to not smoke weed everyday just so that when u smoke you still get super high!!! :hello::smoke:

12. i'm the same, but a little different. (lol makes sense) 4or 5 drags and im pretty damm stoned, more stoned than all my mates at this point, but i can just keep smoking and smoking and don't really get that much more stoned.

13. im the same as the poster above. it only takes me 3 to 4 good hits and im pretty good. but no matter how much i smoke after that, i cant seem to get any higher, it only prolongs the duration for me. exception would be bong rips. i can pass my plateau if i take a couple extra bong hits

14. I have to mix it up, I usually peak at 3-4 bong rips of dank, thats as high as all get. I'm high as all fuck but not getting any higher.....unless I mix it up, differen't strain of chron, different smoking device(pipe, aqua, etc) or even location plays a huge part. And I'm cutting back on smoking multiple times a day, I find if I wait until nmy night sess, its alot more enjoyable than If I had been smoking during the day.

15. couldn't of said it better.

16. One thing i think alot of people dont take into account is the environment they are smoking in. The more often you do something when you smoke, the more comfortable and often "less high" you feel. Such as if you always smoke and play video games, over time it becomes normal and you are used to doing such when playing. So often, you wont feel as high when playing, because you slip into a routine. You should smoke the same amount the next day, and in my opinion if you shake up your routine you will feel much higher. Such as go to a movie, walk around a muesuem, etc.... try something new when you smoke and it will be a different expeirence!

17. Just like everyone else, there is a definite plateau once you've been smoking for a bit. It seems like any smoking after that point just kills extra brain cells. Brownies sound freaking awesome right now.

18. thanks everyone for the input.

i want to make brownies sooo bad!!
    <33

never tried em.

the plateau thing is def. what he means, i guess. it makes sense, i just don't feel the same! lol i'm always getting victor as hell. :smoke:

19. For me, first sesh of the day is the highest I'll get. After that I just kinda get extremely disconnected. I think I am just as high as I was, but I just grow used to it after a few hours.

But yes I some times feel there isn't really any point to toke for like an hour long, or just have like an hour long sesh because I won't get ( or it won't feel like) I get any higher, I reach my high and thats it.

A t-break all bets are off.

20. im like 99% sure weed doesn't kill brain cells and that is a false belief accepted by society due to propaganda and ignorance. i could be wrong..