As far as transplanting goes..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by caain, Jul 18, 2012.

1. so my question is, as far as transplanting goes, can i go from a solo cup to maybe a 4-5gal container?? i've read that i should go to a 1 -2 gal before putting the plant into its final container, but this is my first grow, so i have nooooo idea.

ALSO, while im making a post.. i was wondering when i should start giving my plant some light? as soon as i see it sprout from the solo cup??

thanks, :]

2. I recommend you to check out the smart pots. They are pots which are made out of fabric. Roots grow better since the dirt gets air and they are very easy to transplant. They are made out of fabric so they are also light and do not take up any space when you store them. HTG sells them for a decent price.

3. Here is a video that shows how easy transplants are when you use a smart pot.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXseRkjQuGE]Smart Pot transplant - YouTube[/ame]

4. I'm kicking myself right now for not using smart pots or fox farm ocean forest soil on any of my previous grows. They are two very important items that can have a huge impact on yield.

5. oh wow, those smart pots do look great, thanks !

6. Put it the pot you want it to finish in.

7. I have thought of that, but I don't really know if thats the best way either. Too big of a pot and you have to spread your plants out a bit further. I started with 3 gallon pots which are probably pretty average sized. I'm using 3 gallon smart pots right now and may eventually transplant to 7 gallon smart pots later on if the plants will need it.

8. Ganja, has that worked for you??
    id love to make it that easy, but i keep reading all these posts that say i need to transplant for a root ball or some shit..

9. You transplant because you want to allow your roots to grow more. It all depends on what you want for yield. The bigger the pot the more roots you can grow. To grow a taller plant, you need more roots.