Aruarium light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Carl Chase, Mar 12, 2016.

1. So basically the only light I have is a finnex aquarium LED light.
    Can anyone tell me if this will work?

2. .

Attached Files:

3. .

Attached Files:

4. And are those seedss??

5. Nobody can help me here?
    Really..?

6. No it wont work. Your plant is stretching. Seeds what?

Sent from my LGLS660 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. If you zoom in on the top of the plant, there appears to be seeds. But I'm just a beginner so idk.
    Also I just put the light on the plant 2 days ago. It has been in the window prior

8. I would rather use 3-4 cfl's get them 2 each of warm white and cool white, have a small pc type fan to aid breathing above all pot up to a 3 us gallon, or always be struggling ..?

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  9. Unfortunately I can't have a setup like that because I'm renting and my landlords home is for sale so I constantly have people coming in to see the place.
    And OK I'll get a 3 gallon pot.
    Any other advice you can give?

• Like Like x 1
  10. So I got a 42w equal to 150w CFL 2700k with 2730 lumens.
    Hopefully this will do the job?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good start, 6400k is better for veg while 2400 for flower, i would add two more of those at least three would be better. I use same bulbs for my smaller scale grows and they work well, make sure u keep em close to plants as CFLs don't penetrate well.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. The struggle is real finding those 42 watt bulbs in 6400k in my local hardware store so i get mine off amazon or ebay. And i agree fans would be a real good investment. While carbon filter might be a lil over kill, if you got ppl walkin thrw your crib alot its a good option. There are many diy carbon filters as well, wishing you and your ladie health, cheers

Sent from my LGLS620 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Thanks for the opinions guys.
    How close should the light be kept to the plant?

14. That looks like a male, not seeds. Maybe not having it under a light has made it start to show sex, but that looks like male parts.

15. After zooming in I'm positive that you plant is a male or has been stressed to Hermie.

16. Plant has male stamens

Sent from my LGLS660 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I'm new to all of this I'm not sure what any of that means.

I had it in a window for the majority of its life. Just like yesterday I put it under the 45watt CFL bulb at 2700k.
    I keep the light on probably 16/8

18. Also one of the lower leaves has red spots on the underside of it. What is this?

19. The plant is a male so it will not produce buds. Kill it and start a new seed.

20. Oh man tell me you're lying...
    I have no more seeds and I've been waiting forever it seems for this Lil bastard.
    He will provide me with buds! Or else!