Artizer....solo 2 vs air 2?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by emt1581, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Coming down the home stretch of my dry herb vaporizer purchase. Between these two models they both seem to be around $160-$180 so not a massive difference. Leaning toward the Air 2 due to it taking a USB charger, having a removable battery, and reported better air flow due to the "dimples" on the bottom of the chamber.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

2. The Crafty by storz and bickle I think. Probably misspelled.
    Has a cell phone app to set the temp exactly, shows battery status, hours of use, does dry or wax.
    cost 225 -- 275 just look around
    I know nothing of those 2 you are referring to, they may be a better unit, but the Crafty or Mighty seems hard to beat

3. The Crafty and Mightly look like quality pieces but I like the Air 2 specifically because of the reasons I posted above. Plus the Air 2 is significantly cheaper for a first piece.

Thanks though.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. G'day there, both the Solo 2 & Air 2 have the same heating chambers.
    This is day 2 since i received my, Solo 2.
    Also it's my first vape to boot.
    Yes it doesn't have a USB port, and the battery is fixed inside the unit. But if the battery does fail, you can make up a new battery pack.
    Still learning the curve's, choked a few
    time's aswell & sore lung's...

5. I am pretty partial toward the Solo II. Imo it is an amazing vaporizer and one that I love! I also prefer not to have USB charging as USB charging at least inmy experience tends to go pretty quick. So an AC plug was a plus for me.

There are some things that do need to be aware of with the Solo II. The dreadful error 7 shutdowns on older models. Reason I bought it was because it is not guarentee to happen. This started happening to me after 6-7 months. It will prematurely shut down with an error 7. Now it doesn't happen often. Iirc it has to do with the wiring on the heating chamber.

From what Ive read, they did fix this but there are some stores that may have older models. You can tell if you have an older model if you look on the back side and see the serial number on a sticker as opposed to an engraving. (take a picture, it wears off, I didn't and got screwed)

Overall, I love it but if I do not get an RMA from this, I will not be dropping 200 bucks for it again.. which pisses me off because I really love this vape...

6. Ended up buying the Arizer Air 2 for $157 shipped on ebay with today's "pickupsale" 10% off coopin code.

Was $175 before the code.

About to harvest 1-2 plants as well so hopefully I'll have some cured or at least smokeable by new years!

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Annnnndd....shipped! It'll be here Friday!

Any way I can pick some C99 off the plant as it's drying and vape it if a lack of patience gets the best of me? Or is that a bad idea to use it before it dries/cures?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I would wait till it is fully dried. Could sneak a little uncured it just isn't going to be as good of course :)

9. are you excited?!?! tomorrow is the day!
    definitely want to dry it up best a possible before throwing it into your vape!

10. Actually it got pushed to Saturday...but yes, I'm excited! I do have a jar with some 2.5 year old bud in it. Last I smoked it, it was fine. But I let it go too long to amber so it couchlock's me and I'm not a fan. Still might experiment with it vape-wise rather than wait another month for my current harvest to be ready.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. If it is too much couchlock you could just vape it at low temps. I would say 350-365. Those are my favorite daytime temps.

12. Wait...different temps cause different effects?? Even with amber trichomes?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I would imagine the amber trichomes would effect it but yes, Cannabinoids get released at different temperatures. One of the things that drew me to the vaporizer.

• Like Like x 1
  14. well, tomorrow is the day!

ripping my Mighty rn.

pictures of the new vape asap!

would also be interested in seeing that 2.5 year old bud lol....

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sure, I can get some pics up. Check back tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Annnnnddd......the mailman didn't bring me any boxes! :frown:

The tracking does say it should be delivered today but my money is on Monday. This blows.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Baffled the hell out of me but this mail-lady delivered it today...on Sunday!!

I charged it up. It charges from 40-80% real fast but from 80-100% takes a lot longer. I did the heating up to 428 and then off several times. I'd say she's ready for a vape. I have my choice of cutting a bit fresh off a C99 plant or 2.5yr old blueberry. I'll try the 350deg suggested above for the blueberry.

18. #19 emt1581, Dec 24, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    ...and I tried it!

It was amazing and I could tell the weed was pretty dried and shitty. The lower temp (I did 345 F) definitely helped. I feel nice but SOOOO not couchlocked for the first fucking time. Woo hoo! I need to put a screen in. I got constant bud in my mouth. Didn't cough once. My throat and lungs didn't even come close to burning!

I just may throw out my other pieces and paper! This thing is awesome!! I can't wait until my current crop is ready. Should be an awesome time!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Just in time for the holidays eh? :D

You will notice a difference in your highs after your lungs clean out from all that tar from combusting. It took me about a week, bit more and I noticed a difference. Have not picked up a combustion piece since!

show us a pic of the 2.5 yr old bud haha :)

Even though I have the Solo II it is the same type of stem, I myself prefer to use a screen as well. I have never tried the dome screens that seem to be a popular choice, but normal screens work for me :)