Artist's block. Bleh

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by ashleyfya, Aug 6, 2008.

1. I can't think of anything to draw anymore. My muse got sick of my shit and left.
    I was thinking about still life, but nothing seems interesting enough.

I'm bored with portraits.

2. I know how you feel. I keep opening up Photoshop to make another entry for the GC Graphic Design Contest and I'll work for like 20 minutes and then just be disappointed with what I've got and I just quit.

3. yeah i go through the same thing, when i have nothing to draw or paint i resort to instruments.. like now i am playing the violin again.

4. yeah that happens... I didn't draw a single thing during my sophomore year in highschool. I just stopped being an artist for some reason. It took about 16 months to get back into the groove of things.

Try not to get too discouraged and find something else to do in the meantime. It usually doesn't help to force creativity. That only seems to work, for me at least, when I have a deadline to meet for a client.

5. make fun of political schemes high, its fun

[​IMG]

6. I have the same feeling right now. I open up word to write something, or sit down to draw and I hate everything. i need some inspiration pronto

7. I feel the same way. Except it sucks even worse cause my college major is Studio Art (with a concentration in painting). Throughout my childhood and even through high school I spent a good chunk of my free time drawing. So I figured, pick that as a major since it's something you enjoy. Now after taking several art history classes, as well as enough studio art classes for a degree (except for three more hours)... I no longer find myself compelled to make art. It's like I've been visually overstimulated. I can still appreciate good art when I see it, but I'm at a lack of ideas when it comes to being creative. All I ever paint anymore are self portraits that are abstracted in different ways. I haven't gotten totally bored with it yet, but I feel like I should be doing something else.

8. Abstract artwork is always fun for me to do, you can think of endless amount of things to draw. Like a car coming out of the clouds and the clouds are little people chasing the car back to earth or something. Abstract is always good.