Artist smoking at concerts?

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by Dekkon, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Anyone find it kinda odd that bands and artists can freely smoke at concerts. Security guards walking through taking peoples ciggerettes and green and the sheriff at the gate just seems to look the other way.

Obviously it doesn't bother me, but just curious how much you think it takes to pay off police?

2. Probably because the venue/city would rather look the other way, than risk the artist never holding another concert there...

3. I've always wondered this myself.

Bump

4. "Local officer arrests popular artist, crowd revolts against police and starts riot"

would be my first guess lol

5. Usually the security guards are instructed to let the herb slide, because they want their festival and concert to be associated with a more lax policy.

The people that run the festival know what we want, and they know who the artists are...to instruct their security to take down the artists would just be shitty towards 99.8% of the people at the festival.

6. They're privately owned places for the most part, so the security is privately hired. They usually aren't even police but intimidating guys with maybe a stun gun or mace. They aren't going to be required to enforce the laws because they're only being payed to make sure nothing violent happens.

7. Yeah in my experience they care more about weapons than drugs. Not too say they won't bust you. Just don't be dumb about it. Crotch fucking everything

8. That's exactly how i think about the situation. Venues prefer to have everyone chilled out and blazed outta their minds than be drunk and rowdy leading to fights.

I've been to a fair share of small venue concerts and all of them had groups around me smoking. The only thing I've seen security do was to tell that person to put it down and not have it all out in the open.

Plus, they know if an artist rocks a show well..more than likey he/she can have an even bigger draw next performance.

9. Taken out of context... you just used a triple entendre. Mindfucked the shit out of me at first.

10. whats the third meaning?

11. Crotch fucking everything, as in stash it all in your crotch.
    Crotch fucking everything, as in his crotch is fucking everything.
    Crotch fucking everything, as in he is fucking the crotch of everything.

Probably could squeeze one more meaning out of it if someone really tried, but a triple entendre isn't something you see every day, so I'm satisfied with three possible meanings. I was high for the first time in almost three weeks when I wrote that, so that should explain a thing or two :smoke:

12. I've never seen an artist smoke weed on stage and Ive been to a lot of weed friendly concerts

13. thats what i was thinking

unless you went to see cypress hill or sublime or some shit lol

14. My brother told me how when he went to Rock the Bells Nas came on stage with a huge blunt, my friends that saw D-Block told me about how Sheek came on stage with a HUGE blunt and a huge glass of liquor.

I've never seen anyone personally, maybe Abstract Rude, but who knows if what he was smoking was a joint or a rolled cig.

Plenty of artists smoke weed on stage, they can get away with it. Shouldn't be news imo

15. Spoken by experience. I saw Nas and Damien Marley at the Fox Theatre here in Oakland, CA..and they were sparking so much dro on stage.

Many many artists spark on stage..some off the top are Wu Tang (saw them at Rock the Bells w/ Rage Against the Machine...AMAZING!)

Curren$y had one of his entourage Jerm Jilla spark a foot long chop and in between songs, he would take a couple rips here and there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etfjYvhf-ZA]YouTube - DAY IN THE LIFE OF JERM JILLA pt.10[/ame]

At a Wiz Khalifa concert last year at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz...him and Berner were tossing out free doobs to the crowd and brought an actual plant on stage.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEbeNkABf_o]YouTube - Wiz Khalifa - Still blazin' with Marijuana plant on stage[/ame]

16. I don't think it's any more strange than the hundreds of normal people the cops look the other way for.

17. sublime didnt burn on stage =[

18. How about the Grateful Dead when they had the ten foot joint burning above the crowd? Can't remember when/where that was, I'm sure a true Deadhead could instantly say when that was lol.

19. little tip:

The best way to sneak bud into a concert is to get a 35mm film camera (or just any film camera really) and open up the back where the film would normally be and just put an appropriately sized baggie in there. It could hold about 2 or 3 grams (depends on camera model) and would weigh just as much as if there was film in it.

Nobody is going to open up a camera to see if there is actually film in there.

20. #20 DiPT Sounds, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
    idk man I've seen guards that light lighters and turn on finger LED lights to make sure they aren't hollowed out stashspots. If a guard knows its possible to hide something there, and they feel like checking, they will.