Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

arthritis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by utook2much2much, Jan 14, 2013.

1. do any of you have bad joints or arthritis do you think use of marijuana has caused this

2. It helps mine. I have arthritis from the bleeding disorder I have called Hemophilia and mainly kush strains ease the pain of it.

3. i have bad joints which is slightly hereditary but im sure that previous habits(cant think of the right word) have caused this im positive the way i stood was a factor but possibly the fact that i smoked everyday from ten to 14 (what a dumbass)... its great to hear it helps.... were you a previous smoker? or like try it or do you have family history of it.... feel free not to answer they might be considered personal questions...

4. Yeah I had already been a smoker and I noticed after one surgery I refused to take pain killers because they screw up my stomach and I decided to just smoke pot instead. It might just be a placebo effect or just makes me forget about the pain but I notice if I smoke before I go for a bike ride my lungs may not be happy but my legs feel much less sore and I don't get any discomfort while riding.

5. if i were you i would definetely be eating your cannabis it could possibly cure you ---mind over matter--- anyway do you think your useage could be linked to you condition

6. like others said - eating your cannabis might have more of a desired effect for you. It's stronger and lasts longer, and when made correctly, it will actually conserve your weed.

7. I was wheelchair bound for a while and it caused some terrible arthritis in my knees and ankles. I smoke to help the pain now but I had arthritis before I was 16 and before I started smoking, so no it's not linked what so ever. I don't think MJ can cause arthritis anyways, that's stretching it imo.

8. Some reading for you, hon-

Cannabinoids: novel therapies for arthritis? (abst – 2012) Cannabinoids: novel therapies for arthritis? [Future Med Chem. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Tissue Engineering of Cartilage; Can Cannabinoids Help? (full – 2010) http://www.tara.tcd.ie/bitstream/22...ring of Cartilage - Can Cannabinoids Help.pdf

Medical Marijuana and Arthritis (news – 2009)
    https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/content/ailments/view/72?ailment=arthritis

Medical Marijuana and Arthritis (Rheumatoid) (news – 2009)
    https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/content/ailments/view/105?ailment=arthritis-rheumatoid-

Medical Marijuana and Post-traumatic arthritis (news – 2009)
    https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/content/ailments/view/85?ailment=post-traumatic-arthritis

Medical Marijuana and Degenerative Arthritis (news – 2009)
    [FONT=&quot]https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/content/ailments/view/83?ailment=degenerative-arthritis

[/FONT] Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs. (full - 2009)
    Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs

How Hemp Seed Oil Can Help Your Arthritis (news – 2009)
    How Hemp Seed Oil Can Help Your Arthritis - Free Online Library

The antinociceptive effect of Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol in the arthritic rat involves the CB(2) cannabinoid receptor. (abst - 2007)
    http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medl...c_rat_involves_the_CB_2__cannabinoid_receptor

Synergy between Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol and morphine in the arthritic rat
    (abst - 2007)
    Unbound MEDLINE : Synergy between delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol and morphine in the arthritic ra

Arthritis and pain. Future targets to control osteoarthritis pain. (full - 2007) Arthritis and pain. Future targets to control osteoarthritis pain

There are more if you click that first link in my sig!

Granny :wave:

9. you really think if it didnt cause your artritis because You WERENT EVEN A SMOKER tat there couldnt possibly be a link what so ever:confused:

10. Exactly, you get arthritis from other things, not smoking, obviously. It's something that happens to a lot of people, thinking that smoking is the cause of arthritis makes as much since to me as thinking water causes back aches.

11. #11 utook2much2much, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
    im not going to argue with a fool that excludes something impossible because of theyre own experience

you were wheelchair bound thats why you got arthitis not heredity not any bad habits you dont apply m done wasting my time

Disrespect is not tolerated here -= WW

12. Yeah my arthritis all stems from joint damage and from the effects of my Bleeding disorder which can cause bleeding episodes which pool blood in my joints and damage them. I never looked into the science why herb helped me with it, just new it did. Thanks for those articles granny I will be sure to take a look.

I never really buy enough pot to make edibles. The prices are still too high in my neck of the woods. I just started growing though so I plan to make some edibles after I harvest.

13. I don't even understand your argument here. Are you really trying to imply that marijuana caused your arthritis? :confused:

14. im not implying that marijuana caused my arthritis because i dont have arthritis im just wondering if cannabis can treat something and it can also cause that same thing..... call me crazy im not really standing by it just thinking about it...;)

15. I have pretty bad arthritis, I got them all up and down my spine and in my knees. I use cannabis and it does help alot. Infact thats all I use is Cannabis, I dont use tylenol or anything, Strictly Marijuana.

16. So you're not really standing by it, but you already called someone a "fool" for saying that marijuana does not cause arthritis?

Yeah, okay...

17. I actually had arthritis before, it just made it worse. Bad habits are one thing, smoking pot and relating that to arthritis to me is just silly, one google search could have answered that question.

18. #18 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    This is just two forms of Arthritis. There's a long list of the types of arthritis for the rest hit the link below.

Actully one of the causes of OA IS a sedentary lifestyle, which would include being stuck in a wheelchair for a long period of time.
    Arthritis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia