Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Arrogant know it all "genius" friend says you can get high off eating weed (buds)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mr Ranger Smith, Dec 1, 2011.

1. have fun rubbin that shit on ur skin, lol his friend wins LOL AHJAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA u crazi

2. I could see some naked homeless guy geeking out in the corner of an abandoned house, rubbing a fat nug on his arm furiously

3. [quote name='"Mr Ranger Smith"']What's up guys.

I have a friend who is really arrogant, thinks he is a superior human being to everyone, and whenever we hang out, he just goes on and on talking about science and research and how he knows so much about the human mind and stuff.

Anyway, he told me he used to do a lot of drugs in high school, and he started talking about weed. He was being a dumbass and told me "If you ever get pulled over, the best place to hide the weed is in a locking glove compartment".

And I was like "No, the best thing to do is to swallow it if it's only a few grams".

He was like "That's not a good idea because you'll get really high." I said "No you won't, THC is fat soluable, it needs to be cooked into an oil to be absorbed in your body."

And he said "No it isn't. You can just eat the buds and get really high. Also, if you just rub the weed on your skin for long enough, it can be absorbed that way."

He was being completely serious, is he a dumbass.[/quote]

Ohh I kno a couple ppl like that. When your talking about something they have no clue about they try to chime in at the end like they knew wat u were saying smh

4. Like I said, I just read it somewhere. Dunno if it was a credible source or what, so, thanks for clearing that up.

5. What happens in the preparation process?

decarboxylation, and the cannabinoids binding to a medium of some sorts for us to digest.

What if the flowers are already mostly dried? What if you ate a big meal up to 3 hours before?

You can infact get high from eating raw cannabis flowers but it will have barely any effect.

The key being that it is possible.

6. Some dumb bitch I knew in high school would always talk about how some of her friends at her old school were so "cool" and how they would eat weed. Her: "yeah they get so much higher that way, why don't you do that?"
    Me:....

7. If your gonna be an obnoxious know it all prick...at least be smart enough to actually know wtf your talking about. your friend is a fool.

8. lol dont let it get to you.
    think we all know some one who's a bit of a fruitcake when it comes to weed.

tho am sure this persons a troll, wasn't he banned a few days ago as ranger smith??

9. Alright, you can eat the buds and get high, but it's unlikely. It's hard for the body to process it, and it would have to be decarboxylated - which can happen by itself over time... so, if the weed was older and you ate enough you would get high. It's a highly inefficient way of doing so, the point of weed being fat-soluble has nothing to do with it being psychoactive, it's simply a means for your body to absorb it better.

There are effects of rubbing weed on your skin, but you're not going to get high that way. You would need a very, very concentrated hash oil, and it still won't get you high, however it's very medicinal.

10. rubbing the buds on you to get high? hahaha wow

11. That rubbing it on ur skin gets u high would make me burst out laughing lol... Just sounds Sooo stupid

12. well you can get high from eating raw buds,it just takes ALOT more.and rubbing buds on your skin?rubbing hash oil on your skin can cure skin cancer but raw buds,no!

13. LMAO you stole my question! Maybe it happened when his was freebasing hash off paul banks' balls at his apt in NYC.

14. Haha, i think they were probably just blowing nugs...

When is someone gonna come up with a good paul banks meme?

15. #55 Shpongle, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    You're friend is sort of right. You can get high from eating weed but you'll have to eat about 4-8 grams depending on your tolerance. You won't feel the effects while the cop has you pulled over through. Unless you get pulled over for two hours...

Also rubbing weed on your skin can cause THC to be absorbed from the plant matter. There's a reason people use concentrates as skin ointments though; more THC potency. While regular buds have anywhere from 8%-25% THC, concentrates will have 80%-95% THC, allowing for much more THC to come in contact with your skin.

Please note, though, that rubbing buds or hash on your skin won't get you high. It will simply numb the affected area.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I've eaten an 8th in pure nug form and I was fucked up for half the day. I only did it to prove my friend wrong who said u cant get high from eating it. Don't know the sciences, but in my experience it worked just fine. waste of an 8th though.

17. I have eaten raw weed on countless occasions with varying results. Sometimes I think it related to how decarboxylated the weed was, other times by how much other food, and the type of food I already had in my stomach before ingestion.

I had stored some weed in my barn for over a year and it had all but turned to dust. It would get me stoned but didn't taste good and was a pain to smoke in a joint, my favorite method of smoking. I was laid off from work, and would eat a teaspoon of this powder in a cup of yogurt about 30 minutes after a light breakfast of an egg w/cheese, cooked in butter and a buttered piece of toast.
    The weed was decarbed by age.
    My stomach was full of fat.
    and it was surprising how stoned I would get on this weed.

I have also just smoked about 40% of a joint, then eaten the rest, following a similarly described breakfast, and could feel the edible kick in about the 1.5hr mark and last till after lunch. Not as strong as a brownie or firecracker, but lasting way longer than just the smoke.

I have also learned to enjoy small amounts, just rolled up into a ball and swallowed before social gathering or family functions where stinking like weed and being wasted is inappropriate. I just sit in the corner sipping wine and having a little party in my head.

Per Storm Crows post, a light greasy meal 30-40 minutes before ingestion of edibles enhances absorption.
    I eat a lot of omega 3 food products (fish) which enhances/creates CB1 receptors.
    The weed is already decarbed or decarbed as I smoke the first half of the joint.
    Why can't all the ingredients mix in my tummy?
    Also I am 55 years old and my metabolism is probably a little slower, might be a factor.

The buzz is rather subdued but last a long time. Might not be for everyone, but if you haven't given it an honest try, how can you know it doesn't work?

18. no, you can get high from eating bud. you have to eat a good amount though, idk how much but more than if it was cooked.

19. Decarboxylation is not necessary to be absorbed by lipids. Only to convert THC-A into the more potent THC.

some naysayers (not you, rasta haze) know enough about weed to understand that it is almost always cooked into a fat/oil first, so they think it is the only way. if that was the case then alcohol and glycerin tinctures would not work

20. Wow this thread again he was an awesome troll