Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Arrested

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Landyachtz, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Dumb as hell to smoke in an empty lot. As long as you aint get no felonies you good

2. Dude I got arrested September 2011 and i thought my life was over but i did some community service, paid a fine, and got off probation after a year. Everyone gets pinched haha I looked at it as a blessing tho. It was just a great reminder to be more careful. You'll live, bro.

3. You never know though, I've met some great connects in jail

and picked up some great ramen noodle recipes

its all good, maybe if they brought some females through more often

4. Get a better lawyer then everyone in the world since you're so elite bro

Pay your way out Bro its a democracy

Pull up in the Audi though you have to

5. Wtf? Isn't possession in Colorado under an ounces just a civil infraction or whatever they call it? (If under 21) I get the DUID thing just weird that this happened in Colorado.

6. Rich community - strict rules

7. Damn thats harsh here they just stamp your roach and sometimes write a ticket

8. Man I would have the same state of mind as you if I got caught. I'm the good kid living with my parents, attending university and I would be fucked if I got caught.

9. lol like the other guy said where i live its almost a right of passage to get in a little trouble with the law for weed in your high school days...i remember i got a paraphenelia charge at school when i was in 11th grade...just pay the fine and move on OP, get your medical card then youre safe until you turn 21 and its legal anyways

10. yes this.

11. idk if its cockiness or pure arrogance that you decided to smoke in an empty parking lot...i mean at least if there are cars around, you won't look completely out of place

12. I guess most of you guys don't realize the drug charges cut off all financial aid for a prospective student. I hope this aspect doesn't affect your future and goodluck. Also he never read you your miranda? Definitely seek some counsel

13. No they dont. I was lookin into goin to school.. Imma felon with drug charges. The financial aid will work for you unless you get new charges while receiving the aid

14. That's good to hear...I'm about to apply for scholarships and it would be a slap in the face if they cut off all aid just because I had some fun with a plant.

15. Yea man you should be good.. First offender and its only a misdemeanor. Just keep your nose clean while youre getting the aid

16. Off topic

Can I use financial aid to get some study weed?

Nah mean?

17. Yea.. They use the money to pay tuition and books and the rest of the money goes onto a debit card for you to use.. So you can use it for whatever you want

18. Thanks Bro :smoke:

19. I just had a thought....bear with me but here goes.

So from my understanding, Miranda Rights only apply if you are questioned prior to arrest. I'm not sure if this qualifies as "questioning," but when asked if I was smoking pot I said yes.

Now once arrested, I was given a urine test. My dad talked to a lawyer, and apparently urine tests only show metabolized THC, and they would need a blood test to show active THC, in order to prove I was intoxicated at the time.

The lawyer said that since I was only given a urine test, I could be acquitted of DUID, however since I admitted to smoking, the charge still counts. Yet as I previously said, I was not read my Miranda rights.

Following me?

My question for the legal blades right now is would me not being read my Miranda Rights eliminate the "questioning" I was given, therefore making them unable to use the fact that I admitted to smoking against me in court?

Therefore acquitting me of DUID and making for a very happy Landyachtz?

20. [quote name='"Landyachtz"']I just had a thought....bear with me but here goes.

So from my understanding, Miranda Rights only apply if you are questioned prior to arrest. I'm not sure if this qualifies as "questioning," but when asked if I was smoking pot I said yes.

Now once arrested, I was given a urine test. My dad talked to a lawyer, and apparently urine tests only show metabolized THC, and they would need a blood test to show active THC, in order to prove I was intoxicated at the time.

The lawyer said that since I was only given a urine test, I could be acquitted of DUID, however since I admitted to smoking, the charge still counts. Yet as I previously said, I was not read my Miranda rights.

Following me?

My question for the legal blades right now is would me not being read my Miranda Rights eliminate the "questioning" I was given, therefore making them unable to use the fact that I admitted to smoking against me in court?

Therefore acquitting me of DUID and making for a very happy Landyachtz?[/quote]

No, no, dear god, no. You are read your Miranda Rights AFTER you are arrested, but before you are questioned.

And since at that time you were not being officially questioned, they did not need to read you your Miranda Rights.