Arrested today....need help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by JCrohn, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Okay, so i got pulled over in my car with my friend driving.... (i did the dumbest possible thing here)

We get pulled over for going about 10 over on my way back home from a friends house...anyways i had about 9 grams of marijuana as well as a bong in my car.

as soon as we get pulled over (i am on the passenger side) i immediately tell the officer that I am a medical marijuana patient and I have a prescription for the marijuana.

...my wallet was not in my car...

...so long story short I get cuffed, jailed, and then bailed out.

I have a court date on monday. I had someone bring all of my necessary paperwork but they said i still need to go to court.

They also arrested my friend for a "DUI" (even though he wasn't smoking or drinking) and had them have his blood drawn. And they towed my car.

So i had to pay $500 for a bullshit posession and bullshit paraphanelia charge. Not to mention that all state patrols = major douchebags.

My question is...how do i go about this from here? I want my pot back.

2. why did you act all sketch? you shouldve given the cop a chance to speak before incriminating yourself

3. ^^Seriously man. Why the hell did you say that.

If they pulled you guys over for speeding, they wouldn't have been able to search your car.:rolleyes:

Forget about your pot, that shit's gone and you're not getting it back. Worry about how you're going to beat this case and getting your car back.

4. lol, i have a prescription for it.....and it has been returned back to patients in this state before.

5. Forget about your prescription, I dont know why people think cops, prosecutors and judges give two shits about your script. You do realize that marijuana is still illegal federally right?

For that reason, you can still be convicted.

6. you can ONLY be convited in a federal court not in a normal one just take your card to court show the jude and they will throw out the case and youll go to the police station and they weight your weed out in front of you then you get it back i no many people that have had this same thing happen:smoking:

7. They can allways be douches, and call in a K-9 unit to sniff your car, and then they have cuase to search it and bust you.
    Refusing a search, or being in the situation where a search is warranted isnt allways safe.

8. Drug charges are a felony in most states, so what makes you think they wont take it to a federal court?

And I dont know how it is for you guys (in Cali?) but I know that 'getting your weed back' shit wouldn't flow here in cobb county. Once they take your shit, it's gone.
    Yeah, but what reason would they have to suspect that he had buds on him in the first place?

I'd rather take my chances on calling their bluff with the K-9s than to just give up that easily. I'm sure it's safer than just admitting you have weed and paraphernalia on you.

9. if u have a card in cali your set i no people that have gotten any were from a gram 2 a couple ounces back from the pigs

10. ^ ^ this. that's yo bad.

you shouldn't have
    a.) been speeding and
    b.) been an irresponsible smoker.

you act like you didn't do anything wrong.

/thread

11. Good luck man.

You might want to just cut your loses. No doubt trying to get your bud back is just going to be a huge headache, as all the prior instances of people wanting their bud back has proven.

As has been said, if you've got pot in your car, don't speed. Only break one law at once. Cops couldn't care less whether you're a medical user or not. You probably should have just kept your mouth shut...unless you guys were smoking in the car and it reeked. If that was the case try being a bit more responsible next time...just because you're a medical user doesn't mean you can drive intoxicated (or your friend).

12. Not for possession of under an ounce :rolleyes:

13. Cmystic you should really have read up on Cali laws and stories about people getting their herb back before posting.

14. So very untrue. I don't know a single state that anything under a 1/2oz (or even an oz) is a felony. [Marijuana]

Hell, I live in Michigan and NO drug is a felony to possess (unless you are selling or have above a certain amount) except if you possess pills (analogues).

15. As a member of NORML, you sure didn't play your cards right at all .

-_-

16. It takes a FED or Federal Officer to uphold federal law. State police are there to protect and enforce state law. The state police can't just skip the laws of the state because they prefer federal laws. Not going to fly.

In Colorado the state has stopped municipalities from outlawing/blocking dispensaries. Cities said we don't want to allow people to break federal law with their pot-shops - stay out. The state said that the people have voted, and it's not your decision to trump the states law. (this is a bit of a simplification, but gets to the same point)

17. You can get your herb back in washington. In Kitsap county they had to pay the guy cash from the general fund after taking his weed.

The medical marijuana is only a defense in court, even though here it allows you to grow plants, it's only a defense and not a legalization. You basically just volunteered to go to court to prove yourself.

I don't know what state you're in, but state troopers are the most brainwashed of them all when it comes to drugs and you're just a statistic in their mind, just like anyone else with marijuana whether it be pounds or grams, schedule 1 narcotic...

There is more than just probable cause that will get you searched, reasonable suspicions allow officers to further seek information to get probable cause. A bob marley bumper sticker is a reasonable suspicion, if upon walking up to your car they see you have air fresheners on your rearview, reasonable suspicion, if they get multiple reasonable suspicions, you get more questions and are more likely to be searched.

Should find the torrents for "never get busted" and "never get raided" for basic guidelines to follow.

18. You should definitely consult a lawyer, and make sure those charges and arrest record are cleared. Getting the marijuana back should be second priority.