Arrested for being there?

Discussion in 'General' started by mos_def, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Let's say your friends told you to ride with them somewhere.
    You get there, and unbeknownst to you, they were buying meth at the house.
    If the cops busted the house at that moment, could you be arrested and go to prison?

You have no drugs on you or anything, you just happen to be there.

2. Are you in the house or in the car and why do you have meth head friends

3. In the house sitting on the couch.

And I don't it's a hypothetical conversation after me and my friends argued over whether you'd get arrested.

4. Sure it is but you might idk about drugs but if it was something like murder you could get charged as a accessory

5. if you have a good enough lawyer you can get away with murder.

6. It is though.

And I'm talking specifically about drugs soo yeah

7. No you wouldn't as long as you have none, and can pass sobriety test. Must claim ignorance though.

8. It is though.

9. Well if the cops are anything like they are here they are hard headed and are only focused on filling there quota, alchohol, and pastery treats then you will be. Like this for instance. And keep in mind I do smoke but this was an unfortunate accident. Me and my 3 friends were hanging out having fun wandering around town wondering how to score a bag and I found an empty baggy by the gas station so I thought alright I could use this when I need something to put my weed in. Later in the day my 1 friend was arrested (for what I don't know) and he saw the cop right before it happened so he handed me his tin of chew so I thought I might just stash it and tell him where its at later. Time past 1 friend had to go home. Then just me and my bro were hanging and someone lied to the cops reporting that I had a knife. So he found me and threw me onto his car and proceeded to man-handle threw my clothing searching for it. I hit my head on the car from the force he threw me. The hole time in the holding cell he kept drilling me and drilling me even though I told him where the bag and chew came from. Funny thing is I could smell the alchohol on his breath. WTF! Cops here get to drink and drive drunk but as soon as a guy is caught with an empty chew container and an empty baggy he gets his ass kicked! 1 of the cops is actually the Town Drunk. xD Pissed me off too cus they made me take a piss test and I was fucking nervous as hell because I had smoked the night before and having a strange drunk guy watch you piss doesn't help either. Enough said. We did have a dirty cop who would pick you up and smoke a joint with you and even be nice enough to give you a ride home. THAT GUY WAS THE SHIT!!!

10. Cops would just arrest everyone there and let the courts settle it.

11. Never mind. I'm freaking out. This is beyond deja vu

12. If was on my pc I would post the super troopers your freaking out man video right here but I'm not so just use your imaganation...fuck no spell on my phone lol.

13. Happened to my friends brother. He was with one of his friends and they were at a pad and his friend was smoking meth. But my brothers friend was sober just chillin watching t.v.

The house got raided and he got arrested.

If you dont have a previous record i doubt you'd go to prison. But you would get arrested.

14. In my state you can be arrested but if you claimed innocence and no one implicated you in there statement you would not be charged.

15. can anyone show a story or website to back this up, cuz this would prove i was right to my friends

16. Oh i think its the same here.

My buddies brother claimed innocence and nobody implicated him, but he was on probation so he went to prison. Pretty lame

17. fuck that

18. My guess is they would take you to the station and then let a judge figure it out. I know nothing about the law though

19. Not to tell you what to do, but don't hang around people who do meth.