Arrested and need help.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by dvskidsec, Nov 16, 2007.

1. So last night I was driving in braintree ma after dropping some friends off down there. I was at a red light about to turn onto the highway and some dude in a crown vic revved his engines and burned me at the light. On the highway I caught up to the dude and continued to speed following him for about a mile maybe 2. He eventually pulls over and lets me pass. The second I pass him he flicks on the lights, it was an undercover statie. I was fucked I had 2 oz's a book of names and numbers cuz my phone is broken a lockbox with weed in it some pipes and a bunch of cash like about $700. Whatever he starts asking questions tells me to get out of the car and says if he searches the car will he find any drugs. I said no. But when he goes to search the car I siad call up the dogs if you want im not giving consent. He puts me in the car and says well i got consent now and searches my car. I had courrt in quincey this morning and i have to go back in january. Am I wrong or is that an illegal search? What am I looking at as far as a charge goes are they strict in this area can anyone help me out with this?

2. Illegal search and illegal entrapment (cops aren't allowed to race).

3. ^^ Exactly right. Especially entrapment. A lot of people don't realize that one.

4. Rattty play by the 5-0. Yea what they said, theres now way that's clean.

5. What did they charge you with? Get a good lawyer..You might get out of it..Doesn't really sound like entrapment..So he passed you at the light..And you chose to speed and follow him.Did your car smell like weed? Thats cause to search..

6. Yeah he burned me so I went after but he did rev his engine. And no my car didnt smell like weed.

7. he may or may not have done anything illegal. we don't know because we weren't there. as far as i know, its legal to rev a car engine. as far as the search goes, laws are kinda weird when it comes to cars. he probably had legal right to search. none of us on GC know because we werent there.

8. Good luck trying to prove that one with 2 ounces in the car. The cop is going to say it smelt like weed and thats why he searched I bet- and how do you plan to logically argure that?

9. 1. thats not entrapment
    2.you may have said no but the cop "believed you had drugs" so he called in the dogs.

I don't think you have much to worry about though. first time offense? if it is enjoy the slap on the wrist and penalty fine.

10. Why would you speed reace with that stuff in the car? Why wouldnt you be the bigger person and drive safely to your destination anyway?

11. Did he get your shit? i'd be pissed man 2 O's!

12. yeah but the weed was in an air sealed bag (on eof thos efood savers) inside a lockbox inside a backpack inside a duffle bag inside the trunk... no WAY did he smell anythign and on top of that he never called any fucking dog

13. Well a lawyer's going to charge you out the kazoo and you are still probably fucked moneywise, because when they find you guilty they will fine you and the rehab classes you'll be attending....you will have to pay for those classes Then they will put you on probabtion complete with stringent and often drug testing. Oh and the loss of license and the contacting of your employer may cost you your ability to earn. If you're going to play in this game you gotta be low key and never give the cops any reason to stop you. If you dont give up the pot smoking you will go to jail because you wont pass the piss tests. Sorry friend there's the painful truth. Been there done that.

14. yeah bro thats straight grease.
    Illegal search and entrapment, just like the others said.

15. yep illegal search...who do ya think they're gonna believe the police officer that puts his life on the line doin right all day long or the intimidating fella that harassed him on the road because he was high on the drugs they found hidden in a lockbox? They found the dope in your possession.

Also, and excuse me if I find a little humor in this...this is the first time I ever heard of the stoner chasing the cop down! That's shameful...I hope your woman wasn't with you to witness that humiliation.

16. why chase down someone who revs their engine when you have all that illegal stuff on you?

that's just kinda asking for something to happen really.

17. How is it not entrapment? The cop did something to make someone do something illegal. He didn't MAKE him but he made the civilian more willing to do it because he induced what was illegal.

entrapment is a legal defense by which a defendant may argue that he or she should not be held criminally liable for actions which broke the law, because he/she was induced (or entrapped) by the police to commit those acts.

There for it is entrapment and the cop should be held accountable for that. Sadly, he probably won't.

As for the illegal search, it would kind of be hard to get around that. It is kind of your word against his. I would try your best though.

18. Lol how did you not know it was an unmarked car? You can see those unmarked crown vics from a mile away. Usually they always have 2-4 antennas on the car. But even without them you just don't fuck with a crown vic man haha...cuz you never know.

19. did you just read the opening sentence on wikipedia?

For the defense to be successful, the defendant must demonstrate that the police induced an otherwise unwilling person to commit a crime. Entrapment is an issue that must be considered in designing sting operations, as well as vice operations, particularly those involving kerb crawling, prostitution

revving an engine is NOT a signal to race. simply put revving an engine is well, revving an engine.

and trying to use entrapment for a speeding violation (which is why the defendant was pulled over in the first place) and the judge will most likely just laugh in your face. if it was a sting operation of sorts then i could see why you would even consider using entrapment as your defense.

but back to the original poster- if this is your first offense you will most likely get a slap on the wrist, a fine, or perhaps some probation time. And to all the people who thinks hes not at fault-if you can't do the time don't do the crime. Any Crown Vic shoud be a signal (especially if you have 2 oz's in your car) to not drive like a douche bag.

20. Some states are harsher than others. What state are you in Bro?