Aromatherapy vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by HUNTER12, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Hi guys I'm a total newbie in the world of weed, just got my card and hoping to get relief. I tried the glass pipe las night and it seems hard on my lungs as I have breathing problem. I'm looking at a cheaper way of vaporizing and this one seems to have good review, but I want your opinion. Will this be ok as a starting unit? thanks
    http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/aroma-therapy-super-vaporizer.html

2. [quote name="HUNTER12" post="19453034" timestamp="1391363771"]Hi guys I'm a total newbie in the world of weed, just got my card and hoping to get relief. I tried the glass pipe las night and it seems hard on my lungs as I have breathing problem. I'm looking at a cheaper way of vaporizing and this one seems to have good review, but I want your opinion. Will this be ok as a starting unit? thankshttp://www.grasscity.com/us_en/aroma-therapy-super-vaporizer.html[/quote]Is that a oil-only vape? Do you want to vape herbs at all? Because I bought the extreme q ($138) for my first vape and it can do both. It also has the options to do the whip as pictured in the other vape, and balloons if you please. Comes with a handy dandy remote so I can fill a bag on the couch and snatch it when I get up. Definitely worth the money imo. But since you said you are new, vaping is completely different from combusting. Good luck with your purchase

3. It says both for oil and herb. I would like to get something nicer but with the fee for the card plus the weed and other things I bought, I can only afford cheaper alternatives at this time. My wife doesn't smoke it, so convincing her about a gadget over the other regarding their benefits, doesn't really register to her. I cannot even keep this stuff inside the house. But hey, it's for my health, who cares what they think, they don't feel what I feel.

4. Hey Hunter12!  Welcome to the world of vaping.  I have been *almost* exclusively vaping for about 2 years now for the same reason as you.  I say almost because the odd time I will take 1 or 2 tokes from a joint at social outings. This will end very soon as I will be purchasing a portable vape. 

So first off I don't know about that vape.  That looks like a thing we called a vaporizer back in the early 90's. It was a piece of crap. However, things may have changed since then. Personally though I would not buy that.  I have spent a lot of time watching vape review videos and to be honest not once has that model or a similar style been video reviewed as far as I know. 
    Secondly, you mentioned your wife won't allow you to keep it in the house.  Does this mean you need a portable unit or can you have a stationary plug in desktop type unit(in the garage maybe?).

So with respect that you are on a budget I would have to say:

If you can have a stationary unit the Extreme Q is a great starter vape.  It is affordable, has a digital temperature dial and it can pump the vapor out for you which is nice for people with respiratory problems.  I don't own one but I have used the father in laws on several occasions. I own a silver surfer and at times I found myself wishing I went with the extreme q for the blower and digital temp dial.  Extreme q was also cheaper.

If you need something portable maybe look into the Magic Flight Launch Box.  This little guy is TINY, portable, runs on rechargeable batteries and has gotta be one of the lowest priced vaporizers that is highly acclaimed.   It has an excellent reputation and a huge following.  However there is apparently a learning curve to learn to get perfect hits every time.  I don't own this little guy either nor have I tried it but I am going to purchase one tomorrow so long as I can find the newest revision locally in the walnut version.

I understand these are considerably more expensive than $45 but I truly feel it's better to invest your money into a good unit that will function properly and last over time instead of flushing that $45 down the drain.

5. Yeah I decided not to buy the dome style, instead I bought the Arizer solo, should get it tomorrow. This one is also small enough and easy to store it. I red it's a little tight when you draw, maybe it'll improve my breathing.