Army Workout Plan: For you (motivation for those overweight)

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by bwood, Dec 21, 2008.

1. You know, there is a Lifestyle subforum.

2. Lifting weights is a lot easier for overweight people to do instead of situps and pushups, running/jogging/walking wouldn't hurt though.

That's true, but how many people are viewing it right now compared to those viewing this one?

I'm sure a real mod will move it if necessary.

3. It's just nice to follow rules....especially as an Army graduate ;)

4. #24 The Duke, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2008
    EDIT: The mods have arrived.

5. Honestly, I only check the general forum and the RLS forum. Didn't even think about putting it in the lifestyle one! Thanks for pointing that out. And to Duke, thanks for the advice man. I was just never one to really get into weight lifting. So yeah... not really sure what to say about that in my article.

And to mjboy - it all really depends on your body type, and how fast your metabolism is right now. But for 40 pounds, I'd say you can 100% complete that goal by this summer. I would honestly give it about 3-5 months to securely lose 40lbs. I lost over 100lbs because I was training in Gerogia durring the winter (unbelievably hot durring the day). And we had our body armour on a lot, which would suck the sweat out of our bodies - literally. I would put on my vest, stand in place for 15 minutes, and I would be soaked to the bone through my clothes and into the vest itself.

So if you follow this, I'd give you about 3-4 months to get into pretty darn good shape bro.

6. I've updated my article near the end. I added "weight loss, weight distribution, starving yourself, and cataloging your journey."

7. This is very informative. i don't so much need to loose the weight, but i'm going to use this to get in shape.

+ rep!

8. Great article man! Definitely something I'll be using!!! +Rep

9. I work out with a small group of people 3x a week at 5am. I like it better than trying to work out alone, because I know that if I don't go, others will not be as motivated.

10. Now I've not been following my own plan as much as I'd have liked (because of my grandma) but I have been watching what I've been eating which has helped me lose a lot of weight. This is what I look like now, after 1 and a half months:

[​IMG]

11. good post, but i however wish to switch the WHEY protien for some HEMP protien. its better for ya :) henrys, jimbos, they all carry it

12. Update:

Well after a few months of trying new techniques of weight loss out, I came to two conclusions.

1 - You can lose weight by eating Lean Cuisine for 2 meals of your day.

2 - Walking SERIOUSLY helps you lose weight.

I really shed FAT, not just weight, I shred off fat by walking to my local park and hiking the trails for 45 min 4-5 days a week. It was was walking with my dog and iPod, but no shit man, that really took the pounds off soo fast. I really have to start again. But ya, thats my BIG tip right now.:hello:

If you aren't a runner, then try hiking. It's fun and if you catch a hilly trail, you'll really get fit.

13. What about those breton whole grain crackers? Theyre delicious ;D

14. Yeah those whole grain crackers are really good for you.

15. Friggen bump.. I remember this thread from way back.. I think people'd use this..

16. Thank you for this valuable information. I has helped me tremendously. Last february I weighed 370lb's, I now weigh 250. I could barely run a quarter of a mile back then, now I can sustain a decent speed for 2 miles. Thanks for assisting me in changing my life.

17. I think this is a better option for you. This is Dorian Yates’ super intense bodybuilding workout plan.
    I found it at www.myworkoutplans.net
    · Goal: building muscle mass
    · Technical complexity: medium
    · 4-Day Split
    · Duration: 60 minutes
    · 4 times a week