Armoire stealth grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kodamota, Aug 2, 2012.

1. I agree that you need to get rid of the bagseed. It's never going to correct itself .

Also I think your temps are to high.

I had 3 cfls and my 2 ft 4 tube t5s on a flowering plant and I couldn't figure out why growth was so slow and the leaves never angled towards the light.

Well I turned off the cfls and now growth has exploded and the leaves are angled towards the light. It was just to hot. Even though I could comfortably put my hand by the plant and not get burned or anything it was still too hot.

Also another thing I changed was how I water. Before I would just dump in a water bottle. Not anymore. What I do now is fill a spray bottle and at various times In the day I spray the soil a little bit along with the foliage . I only give it a good soaking right before I turn off the lights. Making sure to spray under the leaves and to get the soil nice and wet. I'm gonna attach a pic that I just took and this is what my plant always looks like now

ForumRunner_20120829_105637.png

2. I see, you guys are right, it probably is the temp. I have a bathroom fan blowing the air in and 2 120 mm computer fans exhausting, what kind of light should i use then? Stick with CFLs? Or is a t5 better? :/ first grow always sucks lol

3. T5s are better!!!! Lol

Htgsupply has pretty dang good prices for t5 setups.

I tried growing with just cfls whenever my first t5 fixture bit the dust (dont worry it got hit by a thrown water bottle and fell) before that it had lasted 2 years easy and would still be going strong today had that not happened. Anyways growth with the cfls will always be slower and they will throw off more heat.

If you get the temps down and get better lights I promise you you will not regret it. I'm kind of a tight wad when it comes to spending money. But seriously the necessities are worth it.

4. [quote name='"kodamota"']I see, you guys are right, it probably is the temp. I have a bathroom fan blowing the air in and 2 120 mm computer fans exhausting, what kind of light should i use then? Stick with CFLs? Or is a t5 better? :/ first grow always sucks lol[/quote]

Use your bathroom fan as exhaust also, passive intake, allows negative pressure in the cab, personally, just stick with the cfl's, save your money for future grows, t5's are great for veg, but limited light penetration, and for flower you'll need different cfl bulbs anyways.

5. Also I saw that you shop at home depot. As do I.

Don't go with the mg seed starter. If you are gonna go with a seed starter go with jiffy seed starter OR jiffy seed starting pods.

Also for a main soil mix I went with top soil mixed with moonure.

The top soil is in that white and red bag and the moonure is purple with a picture of a cow.

2:1 ratio from topsoil:moonure or 3:1

Hope that helps!

6. [quote name='"VB_Toker"']Also I saw that you shop at home depot. As do I.

Don't go with the mg seed starter. If you are gonna go with a seed starter go with jiffy seed starter OR jiffy seed starting pods.

Also for a main soil mix I went with top soil mixed with moonure.

The top soil is in that white and red bag and the moonure is purple with a picture of a cow.

2:1 ratio from topsoil:moonure or 3:1

Hope that helps![/quote]

Thank you! Finally lol someone who uses something else besides hydro stores and Foxfarm soil! I might have more questions for you later! When I get home tonight I'll look t making the bathroom fan the exhaust

7. [quote name='"kodamota"']

Thank you! Finally lol someone who uses something else besides hydro stores and Foxfarm soil! I might have more questions for you later! When I get home tonight I'll look t making the bathroom fan the exhaust[/quote]

Come hang out in the organics section man! Most guys there could walk out in the woods and come back with growing supplies!

8. [quote name='"mosesnumb"']

Come hang out in the organics section man! Most guys there could walk out in the woods and come back with growing supplies![/quote]

Haha for sure man!! I'll go stalk the forums!

9. #29 kodamota, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2012
    Okay I added a timer to the lights, so instead of 24/0 it's 18/6 and they seem to love it, I put a little bit of baking soda to the water to help with the ph. And I'm giving them small amounts of nutrients. I kept the bag seed plant just cause, today I'm gonna trim it. Today makes it about 30 days since seed

Attached Files:

10. The GC APP decided to let me upload pics so here are some from today, the blue dreams are shooting right up

Attached Files:

11. Okay so I flipped them into flowering about a week and a half ago. I know they are on the small side, that's okay I wanted to flip them into flowering. So I don't know if they are boy or girls yet, but I ended up keeping the messed up plant and its been doing the best I feel like. It looks like it is starting to bud already! But I don't see balls or pistals yet...can boys even start to bud? Anywho here are some pics..if GC app lets me

Attached Files:

12. Had to throw away the messed up Reggie plant, it was a boy. But the good news is that both of the blue dream plants were girls! They are looking pretty good so far! Sorry the pics are from my phone, I'll try and get a better one soon for up close pics

Attached Files:

13. Wow I can't believe no one is interested in my grow.. But I'm day 72 from seed, this is my first grow ever! I have two Blue Dream girls and they are just truckin along! Here are some new pics of them. I have no clue how long they are suppose to flower, I guess until the hairs are amber?

Attached Files:

14. #34 mosesnumb, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
    Hey there's still some of us that are subbed, you just got to keep on top of updates.

15. If its Humboldt's Blue Dream, flowering time is 9 weeks.

16. Awesome! Thanks man, it's good to know people are out there!

17. I'm a bit late for the show lol. So OP, what was your yield? Have pics of total setup? Did you need an inline fan and exhaust? Chamber setup? Just curious. I decided to get a 6ft tall armoire for "storage" lol and wanted advice.

Hey baby, want a free colonoscopy?? - no doctor, ever...