Armoire/GRO-CHEAP-DWC-PICS

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Phishhead420, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Awesome grow man, the ladies look very nice. Keep it up!

2. Ehhhhhhh, snakes creep me the fuck out, lol. Lookin good dude, keep it up.

3. Jus had a couple questions for you bro- You said in the beginning you were thinking about adding a drain valve...is that what you ended up doing? I'm jus curious when checking your Ph levels everyday do you pull the whole lid off the buckets with the plants in them? Have you had to change your res. since you went into flowering??
    I'm jus curious how you do all the nutes and stuff, without having a seperate res bucket.
    (or maybe i'm missing something)

4. Hey bud we need an update!

5. Show me potato salad!

6. The corn snake is 1 year old she's a sweetie...

Haynus- Which fan?? I have three... They are all very quite, like a low, low humm.. I have them all mounted with dampners..For light leaks, I have random black tape and weather stripping in and on my cab doors, I would sit inside and close the doors on my self and mark the leaks till they were gone. I dont know what I would use a wire rack for??? But I do have the shelves that were origianally in it and I can raise it to preference.. Next I need to build a veg cab so I can keep a mother and babies.

lmikelowrey- About the drain valve. It was never added. I would recomend just buying one extra rubbermaid and doing one res change at a time... especially since I buy the R.O. water for it. I change my res every couple weeks or till they get low.. I never stress my ppms or ph.. It has given me no problem.. I don't check my ph every day more like once a week or soo.. I am so lazy and broke. but a perfectionist.. Yes I changed res immeaditley going into flower.. I do lift the lids to check my ph and ppms and I also add nutrients straight to the res.. I was going with the lucas formula through veg and had some potasium and magnesium problems.. After a little research I decided that the grow must be implemented that it is missing nutrients otherwise*(strain depending).. I keep my ph at 5.8 going up and down from 5.1-6.3(who cares) ppms at around 700-800 and I use a deep water culture system so my buckets are the res and there is no exchange of water.. Its just a fish tank... with netted pots and clay pebbles

I want to thank everyone else for there positive input and I am having a terrific run I wish I had a better camera so you could really see how well these are doing...

Heres an update of the end of week three for you bladez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

7. More pics-- first 6 or so on last post are a little older...

Attached Files:

8. Thanks for the reply PHISHHEAD! It all makes sense, your plants look GREAT! i hope i'm that successful.:)

9. I can't help but keep coming back to how nice that cabinet looks. I guess I'm just a carpentry geek. I love that hardwood, and when you add in a great-looking grow like you've got it's just a nice big slice of awesome.

And that extra bin suggestion is good - I do that too and it makes things so simple.

I'm still trying to figure out some system that would let me use the waste heat from my grow cabinet to keep my pythons warm. Not sure if that's really practical, but it would definitely appease the "waste nothing" part of my psyche.

10. I have to say this is my fav grow box. Armoire rly good stealth love it im going to save this thread and mix match some other ideas into it. Think im going to do the 400w lights and vent just going to go with Rumpleforskins DWC 5 gal buckets and a SCROG method with 2 plants and a res tank. Im rly having a problem thinking of how to get clone setup in there tho. Once again rly nice bro keep us posted. *Chest Bump*

11. Hey guys, No pics this post but soon... The plants are getting huge.. I am starting to get yeild numbers in my head and I think I could pull a halfer or more... We'll see. The church is turnig blue.. and starting to change color on the hairs.. but only the church.. I intended on them finishing around the same time. but life is never that easy....

I wonder with the roots binded if one dying for harvest will ruin my res with death water...??? I am glad to start seeing these positive comments after this has been around for about a month and a half... If you could see in person how this all works in ideal simplicity and cheap extensive success you would throw my camera in the toilet.. Guys have some other blades check this grow.. If every cheap newbie stoner had one of these(300$ is all it cost me) then we would be a little further along in our efforts to overgrow the world!!!!!

12. I'm not sure about the "death water" thing.

I'd suggest getting some Sensizym if you're worried about it. That stuff will eat up dead roots and dead material. Basically turns it back into nutrients.

I use it if I spot a little root rot or something like that. It gobbles up all the bad stuff leaving the happy clean white roots behind.

13. incredible job man +REP 2 I haven't gotten near as nice results but I had a short purple maui plant tin the back go male from all the stress and over nuting then my damn timer went on the fritz lights were crazy for like 9 days till i caught it so I am hoping still to find a cab how are the roots did they get terribly entangled after all i went with buckets and an ebb and flo a case of to much some got neglected your setup seems perfect for an easier time of it.

14. My setup is certainly the easiest thing I have done.. There have never been any hard problems and it was cheap.

15. K.I.S.S. FTW!

How much are they eating now?

16. So everything looks good except the branches can not support themselves anymore. I dont have my camera on me so I don't have any pics but I will. The fact that I have six crowding a cab makes a lot of people cringe and yes they fall over cause they need the support of the cab so I can really take them out any more... and they are fighting for space... This is the thing though. I have always grown a crowded garden. Reason why I do this is because I usually always get substancial yield. So I will update again soon and let you guys guess the yeild.. The church is blue. The sensi star is the most amazing smelling plant.. It smells like candy and the best sugar... blueberry, purple kush and mazar... MMMMMMMMMMM what a treat

17. what a wwell planned lovely grow... plus rep

18. Hey, if it's working there's no reason to fix it, right? I think you might be able to get a bit more yield if you had one or two fewer plants in there and let them get beefier with more light to go around, but I can't say for sure.

If you're happy with the results who am I to tell you you're growing "wrong"?

Hell, my last grow didn't turn out half as good... just luck of the draw.

19. And i wonder.. this was one of the first posts i ever started to follow!!! and then it stopped.. so i waited.. and waited.. nothing.. still nothing :(