Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Armed Forces

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ElmSt, Apr 17, 2009.

1. I'm joining the Air Force in about 8 months and I am under the influence that if you smoke even one J you can be kicked out. I just wanna know if this is true,

Cos if it is I gotta make the most of the time I got left lol..

2. I was in the military as well. I personally worked with several (6-7) people who were kicked out for smoking MJ... I did it sparingly while in, usually at the beggining of leave for at least 3 weeks or something, and I view those times (even though I didn't get caught) as a mistake in my judgement. I wholeheartedly suggest that you stay away from it, while in, because they piss test you randomly and can piss test you on the spot if someone narcs, or even if they just suspect- which happens WAY more than i'd like to admit. The punishments for getting caught are S-E-V-E-R-E. Brig (Jail) time is usually followed by either an Other than Honorable(BAD) or Dishonorable(=FELONY) discharge (kicked out). Having either one of those attached to your name is not something you want. You lose your rights to unemployment benefits, your military pay, reduction in rank, restriction to the barracks, the GI bill, and every single other veteran benefit (including use of VA medical) you have. Often charges are coupled with civilian charges if they find you with it off base. Thats a double whammy. This is with just the OTH discharge- the Dishonorable will basically ruin your life, for a joint.

NOT worth it man. If your going to the military, it's easy to forget about it because most everyone is clean. Alcoholism is HUGE in the military- i think this is one of the reasons why. I've been out since last year and i'm back to being a daily smoker so, make the best of the time you will be there and don't do ANY drugs (they test for a broad range)- You can do Shrooms and Acid. You can take steroids (the service they use CAN test for this, if the commanding officer deems it necessary) but be careful. I think that's about it for drugs. Be careful man! I say it again- it can REALLY ruin you life in there...it's not the "real world", the people in there have no qualms about ruining you and you can't and won't be able to defend yourself in court! Good luck, Air Force is a good branch... I was Marines myself.

3. Wow, Thanks for that reply. I REALLY appreciate it. But unfortunatly I am Australian.. But I can't see why the rules etc would be any different.

Hmm.. Yeah I heard that your name gets marked against etc but never knew it went as far as Jail time.

4. Ah, didn't know you were a Kiwi!
    I'm sure it's not much different... Although I do know that Australia's Marijuana laws are handled at the state level. I'm not sure how that applies to a Federal institution such as the military.

5. WRONG!! Kiwis are New Zealanders!

But yeah, Thanks again. +Rep

6. I kid I kid!

7. I spent four years in the US Air Force, and I got drug tested 'randomly' about every 3-4 weeks. I know a couple of people who got kicked out for peeing positive. I spent my four years abstaining.