Arizona nursing student suspended as ‘bigot’ for requesting class in English

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jul 23, 2013.

1. What makes you say she has a history? Why would it even matter?

What other article are you getting your information for from the edit?

2. Can't argue with that but humans are fueled by emotions so its hard to keep quiet when something matters to you.

3. Uh, the Zimmerman trial proved as a matter of fact, he was not guilty of murder, so no, Obama is not entitled to his opinion, when the facts say otherwise. I could say that Obama isn't qualified to be President, because he was born on Mars. But that wouldn't make my opinion true, it would just mean I'm full of BS.

4. Personal information. I live in Tucson and know many of PCC's employees. :smoke:

5. So you're saying a person shouldn't hold an opinion? Even if he was proven innocent an opinion is an opinion and he'll hold on it.

6. te quiero un chingo

7. te quiero un chingo cabron

8. I'm really starting to question a lot of the "libertarians" on this website, this subforum seems like its a perpetual anti Obama circlejerk. I'm not saying that the guy is innocent, but when try to blame events that aren't even fucking related to Obama ie: this one it makes you seem really childish and incapable of forming coherent arguments.

Looking back on my short 14 years of living in the valley, I will say that the amount of inherent rasicm that existed was both depressing and embarrassing. I don't know if that was the case in this situation however. As I understand, this women was upset because she couldn't understand the conversations that other STUDENTS were having. People shouldn't be forced to speak English if they are conversing amongst themselves.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. He can have an opinion, but he has no right to express it as he did in a way which can so obviously lead to violence. If someone in the public eye, say, for example, a celebrity, went to an interview and expressed their opinion that someone should shoot the President, don't you think that the CIA would come after them? Especially if someone attempted to shoot the President afterwards? Oh wait, that did happen:
    http://www.11alive.com/news/article/238880/166/Ted-Nugent-to-be-interviewed-by-Secret-Service

10. #30 CMGarcia55, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    That's way different. Threatening to kill the head of state is pretty fucking stupid since that's a big threat. Of course that dumbass deserved to be investigated for saying something as stupid as that. He should be happy he didn't get in shit like others have for speaking bad or threatening their leaders(North Korea, China, Cuba). The US is a fucking haven compared to other countries around the world, he should be happy he can say things like this without much repercussions.

11. From what I can understand in the article, students regularly conversed with the teacher in Spanish, like, the teacher would be giving a lecture, then a student asked a question in Spanish and the teacher responded in Spanish, then just kept going with the lecture without taking time to explain the question and answer in English. I grew up in a border town, so I'm all too familiar with the experience, it made the classes pretty much a waste of time for me, I was in high school then, so I wasn't very worried about it, but I can say if it had been college classes that I was paying for, it would have been a lot more reason for me to feel there was reason to complain about the situation.

12. I dunno - why should someone have their credit hours basically cut in half or have large portions of their lecture time wasted bc other students don't know English? Why shouldn't these students know English if they're in an American classroom in a Nursing program? How would it at all be beneficial to work in an American healthcare center and not be fluent in English lol?

Most colleges and tech schools I've seen teach 'English as a 2nd Language' course to students (usually Hispanic or Hmong where I'm from) before they're allowed to take core curriculum courses. It's a very simple solution that works.

I think this student has a legit beef. First getting the boot for simply complaining, then an administrator or staff telling a them they 'need counseling' because there is serious interference going on with her education? Sounds like a bone job executive decision at the very least.

13. #33 Deleted member 472633, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
    Tripace and MrThoughtcrime nailed it for me. Thats exactly what went through my head and I hardly think its reasonable to feel that way.

14. Oh, because other citizen's lives don't matter, only the President's? Is that your opinion? And this guy:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/politics/1232248-jogger-says-he-attacked-retaliation-zimmerman-verdict.html
     didn't matter, because he's not as important as Obombya? Now, the incident might not have happened because of the President's words, but he is still just as irresponsible for saying the things he said because it can add fuel to the kinds of people that go out and do these types of things.  Yeah, what Ted Nugent said back then was pretty dumb, but so was the speech Obama gave the other day discrediting the actual facts of the case.

15. Was there a different speech? The only one I saw, he said nothing to discredit the facts. :smoke:

16. He said Trayvon "could have been me", just because he says he knew what it was like being followed in a store by employees. He ignores the fact of the case, that Trayvon, after losing Zimmerman following him, took it upon himself to retaliate and jump Zimmerman. He ignores the fact that Trayvon was nothing but a ruthless thug. Unless Obama is saying that anytime anyone across the country gets followed by a security guard, that person should go jump that security guard from now on, because that's what he would've done? Somehow I doubt that was his actual intention though... :confused_2:  Could be wrong? :laughing:

17. That was said to show that, yes racial profiling has/is still in existence.

You're picking up on a small part of the speech and ignoring the context and the message.

Seems to be very similiar to what other "obama detractors" only took from the speech and lashed out about.

I don't really understand how anyone could read the entire speech and only come to that conclusion. :smoke:

18. Or she could have used it as an opportunity to learn and practice spanish.

I would imagine, that like any story, there are two sides to this.  It's not uncommon for people to throw out racist, derogatory, bigoted bullshit, and then play the victim when other people don't tolerate it.

Not saying that's what happened here, since I don't know all of the facts. 

19. Ok you can go to that hospital that hired the 100 Spanish speaking nurses who didn't learn shit because they didn't understand English well.

I'll go to the American nurse who was smart enough to LEARN SPANISH WHILE LIVING IN ARIZONA

20. I laugh at the stupid nicknames idiots like you and others come up with for Obama. I'm not saying Obama's life is more important than others, but if he gets killed/dies then the US would be in a state of panic. A leader is more important than others but their life isn't worth more.