Arizona nursing student suspended as ‘bigot’ for requesting class in English

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jul 23, 2013.

1. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/22/arizona-nursing-student-suspended-bigot-requesting/

This is the future. Hypersensitivity to race, thanks Obama.

2. Obama my ass, everything that happens is not correlated to him, get a life man. :smoke:

3. Go to a different school?

4. Why do idiots always blame the president for racism? As long as multiple races exist then racism will also exist.

Because the president uses his bully pulpit to bait racism in America.

6. What again is the problem?

Seems like a woman signed up for the wrong class at a private institution-- a private institution that has the right to dictate how their classes are conducted. If she doesn't like it, then she should go somewhere else. 

Maybe I'm missing something? :confused_2:

why not teach the class in english.. they aren't in a spanish class.. they are in nursing school.. when you go to work in a hospital in america everything is in english

8. Every president speaks out against touchy subjects, that's not new. If you actually believe Obama is trying to start a race war then you're pretty fucking delusional.

I never said he is trying to start a race war, those are your words.

The only thing "touchy" about racism is the constant glorification by the media and political figures.

10. You're acting as if racism doesn't exist. I'm not saying its as widespread as some people make it out to be but it does exist.

11. It is a public 2 year community college...

12. #12 goober0331, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013

I'm not acting like racism doesnt exist.

But it is shoved into people's day-to-day life when the media constantly hounds on about it, and when political figures - Obama and Co - also shove it in peoples faces.

13. I don't know what you're talking about, that "shoving" is something new because Obama believes Treyvon was murdered. If you want to blame someone blame Al Sharpton and the like.

I'm not saying anything is new.

But continuing the problem is just that, an unnecessary continuation of a problem. Remarks by Obama and Holden only make the situation worse. Then of course the media, who I have already said are a part of the problem, also make it worse.

15. So you're saying two human beings shouldn't have an opinion because you don't like it? Just like you and me believe Zimmerman was actually not guilty they believe he was and should go to jail. We all have differing opnions, why shouldn't we voice them?

16. she shouldn't have to...she is paying to go to that school, and she probally wasn't even notified that the class was going to be predominantly in spanish

17. #17 ICGreen, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
    And that particular student has a history, but of course the papers can't get that data due to privacy rights. :smoke:

Edited to add: The class was not being conducted in Spanish, but class materials were handed out in both English and Spanish. The other students were discussing issues in Spanish. She was being bitchy by claiming no involvement in the discussions. She could have interacted a lot better.

18. wow that is messed up, she is paying to go to a school, that she can't even learn, because they refuse to teach in english.

if someone would have told her that it would be taught in spanish, then that would be different, but she didn't know until she already payed for it...so she is paying for an education she is not getting.

19. honestly i don't agree with a lot of your posts, but it is always nice to have you posting here, because there is always two sides to a story

No I'm not saying that.

However people with platforms like Obama has, need to use that platform to not incite unnecessary problems in the country.