Arizona intitiates intitiative to legalize in 2016

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Green Wizard, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Somebody initially needs to initiate that initiative.

2. Sweet, they finally came together. Initially there was a break away group that wanted no personal grows and distribution controlled by the current dispensaries. 1 Oz is rather small though. :smoke:

3. I'm very concerned over the new governor, I have a feeling him and his big business special interests would veto it. But I still have hope for Arizona, I think AZ citizens will raise hell for their reps to get it passed. 

If people do it the right way, that is, explain to their reps that if they don't pass it, then they won't vote for them next election, the bill will pass in a heartbeat. 

4. Hope it does, Fuck this 300$ highway robbery called azs Mmm program. Only greedy dispensery owners and busy bodies will oppose it.

5. It's a citizen referendum, that means we need petition signatures. Then when it makes the ballot, if a majority pass it, they have no choice but to make it law. :smoke:

6. #7 Lenny., Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015

Oh really... I heard AZ was doing it the other way. I admit I didn't click the link. 

This is a bit more promising. 

There is a proposal in the Legislature also, not sure if it will ever get a vote. This one is citizen though. Initially one dispensary wanted to go their own way and block rec users from growing their own (and also to limit new store owners). :smoke:

8. #9 Lenny., Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Wow it sounds like a mess.  If Alaska can legalize I see no reason why Arizona can't. I heard that they tried in 2014 too

Here's hoping to this getting sorted out. 

9. Ah come on Cali, soon we're going to be surrounded by legal states while we are fighting over the fucking wording in a bill for a few vote cycles. Smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Cali should stay as it is.

11. No it shouldn't, medical here is bs and everyone knows it. It should be regulated.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Is this petition online? If not how do we add our signatures?

13. They will hire folks to circulate the petitions. Make sure you are registered to vote. :smoke: