Arizer Solo vs. Pax

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by looper714, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Now that I have an Extreme Q and absolutely love it, I have been looking at 2 portable units, the Arizer Solo and the Pax by Bloom. I am looking for user experience with both, especially the Pax since it is so new and am having a hard time getting the skinny on how the vape experience is. I'm pretty sold on the Solo, and the most important thing to me is the quality of the vapor. I like stealth, but even the Pax is going to get noticed when exhaling and in close proximity to other people, so stealth is not my biggest concern, vapor quality is. From all I've read so far, the Solo is the one. Thanks for any feedback.

2. I'm not trying to be a d*** but seriously man please look around a bit. There is this exact same thread above yours.

Solo

3. Solo wins for vapor quality, efficiency, ease of care, durability and price. Also, the wide range of temp settings allow you to control your high to a certain degree, since different cannabinoids have different boiling points. (do a search on this forum for "vaping cheat sheet" for more info.

Pax wins for style, size, stealth, and I think it may have a faster charging time.

I think you want the Solo.
    I also have one, and you won't be dissapointed if you get it. The taste of the vapor is utterly divine. and gets everyone baked. Its easy to use, easy to clean, easy to hide for stealth (soft drink cup, jacket sleeve), and the battery lasts a long time. Seriously, you'll love it.

4. Are we not allowed to get more opinions from different people? I think that's the point of the site.

Not trying to be a c*ck.

5. Never understood why people come in threads if they have nothing to say other than to come n try to bash you. Ask questions that's why forums are for. Anyways I don't have the Pax but I do have the Solo n I love every single moment of it.. The vapor quality is awesome too. I haven't use Da Buddha as much ever since I got the solo.

6. well if theres a 6 page thread, titled the same exact way, with the same exact answers, right abve this one, is there really a point of repeating the same info?

7. Does everyone have the exact same opinions? If you replied on a different thread, no one is forcing you to reply on this thread. Seems simple.

8. you're own loss dude, i don't think theres going to be any new info since then, but whatever makes you happy

9. Okay guys, the OP has 7 posts. That's not how you welcome someone to a forum who has a simple question. I know it has been posted who knows how many times, but come on....To the op, as you can see posting the same thread that's already been posted is frowned upon here. For future reference, if the thread is still active then just post your question inside that thread instead of making another.

Now, on to the advice......

There's not doubt in my mind that the solo has by far the best vapor quality out of all the portables (granted the pax is pretty close). The solo is also cheaper and there are stealthy glass stems you could buy for it to allow it to be used inside of a soda cup for stealth. The pax is an awesome piece as well, but if stealth isn't your main concern I would go with the solo. Pax only has 3 temp settings where the solo has 7 so you have more room to find that perfect temp for you. Some pax owners have also been having some issues (I won't go into detail, you can read about that) where as the solo is pretty much solid as a rock (glass stems can always break but that's a given).

With that being said, the pax is still a great device. It's stealthy, extremely easy to use, fits in your pocket and produces probably second to the solo in vapor quality. Personally, I would go with the solo for the reasons I stated above, but you honestly would be happy with either one.

10. I'd give Ploom another generation of pax vapes before a purchase at this point. There are issues to be worked out before dropping $250. Especially when (IMO of course) the superior Solo can be had for $160 at Puffitup.

11. I guess you're right. Everyone has uniform opinions of which vaporizer is better and why.

12. My pax has never let me down, though it requires some cleaning every 6 loads....

___________________________________In public, I like to hold my pax up high in the air and scream "i have the powerr!!!"