Arizer Solo, or Pax

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by warrick09, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hello,

I am new, first post. I just recently quit smoking cigarettes, but am not liking the idea of giving up my preferred smoking product, so must find a good vape.

I smoke alone 98% of the time, always use medical grade product. My wife and step-daughter are well aware, but 9 year old son is not. Some discretion is needed (although I use a glass water pipe in the garage now). I probably take around 8 pulls of my normal device daily now. I don't mind some cleaning, but must have the flavor and thick vape.

I know the Pax is more stealth, but will it provide the same taste and vapor quality?

Thanks for any input. I am placing my order on Wednesday morning, have narrowed to these 2, just looking for any last minute advice.

Thanks again.

2. Well there's a big difference in how the two vaporizers produce the vapor.

The Pax uses an "oven" style heater, basically cooking the herbs in it at the temp of your choice (similar to the MFLB, but higher quality). It is all internal, and the thing you can remove is the mouthpiece and the oven lid.

The Solo uses a hot airway to heat the herbs. It retains heat inside the vape and shoots hot air basically at the herbs (similar to a DBV, LSV, SSV). Again, internal, and you load the herbs in a glass stem.

In the Solo, you can vape oils out of it by putting cotton in it. I don't know about the Pax if it would burn it because of direct contact, but in theory you can. It really depends on your personal preference, the vapor quality is very similar from what I've read. I don't own either, but I'm putting my input in here for reference :D

3. I should have gotten familiar with the search function prior to posting, my apologies, and this seems to be an easy answer.:hello:

4. If you're looking between the two, my advice would be to ask what is more important: stealth/portability, or vapor quality/taste? If stealth is the priority, then go for the Pax. If taste is the priority, go for the Solo.

IMO, they both get you really high for a portable, but their strengths and weaknesses are pretty much flipped. If you have, or are ever planning to get a desktop vape, then the purpose of your portable will be almost exclusively for vaping on the go. To me, this is where the Pax is amazing. But if you're looking for just one vape, one that you'll often be using at home anyway, the Solo has the upper hand - and it does have a cheaper price tag.

Either way I'm sure you'll be happy...they're both great products and they both get the job done very well for portable vaporizers!

5. Which one are you planning to get, if I may ask? :D

6. Solo for sure. I am placing my order On Wednesday morning, through puffit.com. I found another thread about this same topic, and a guy had a link to get the new model for $160 shipped, with a free grinder. $90 cheaper, and i really don't need anything to carry around. I can still take this to the lodge for the annual fishing trip with the guys.

I am home 90% of the time, can handle a few pulls from the dugout when riding.

7. I've read it has about an hour and a half battery life, it can be used while riding :D

Edit: Riding as in bike riding or fishing? :laughing:

8. As in riding the Sportster, but you know, conservatively. I don't go in the bar for long on a poker run...

9. Bike. Yeah you could actually just pack a bowl in the Solo and vape on it, it would be difficult moving it, but no one really expects it to be weed paraphernalia. So like whip it out at a stoplight or on a long straightaway, no one would know what it is unless they are a stoner, and they wouldn't care anyways :laughing: