Arizer Solo not heating up, shuts off automatically

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BlaineWarbler, Mar 9, 2014.

1. I just got a brand new unit through warranty replacement with Arizer. The unit worked fine for the first 5 days, but now it refuses to heat up and instead shuts itself off. It is fully charged, when I plug it in all 7 amber lights are lit and the green charge light is solid. I turn the unit on and set it to any heat setting. The blue idle light is solid and the red heat light blinks. However none of the 7 amber lights turn on, indicating that it is never heating up. Then it shuts itself off within 20 seconds. If Arizer has to send me a new unit, there's no way I'm going to pay for the cross shipment. Any of you guys experience this? Again, it is a brand new unit with model number M1A4 on the bottom.

2. M1A? My new solo is an M1E. The M1A was the new model around 9-10 months ago when I got my first solo. I would contact arizer if I was you but dont expect a fast response. 

3. Ya I just sent them an email and included a youtube link to a private video showing the problem.  I initially paid $11 to ship them my first defective unit, and they charged me a $20 fee to ship me a new unit.  When they get back to me I'm going to insist on getting the newest model and they must pay for all shipping.

4. I dont agree with there shipping policies. The customer should not have to pay both ways. I was able to convince them to pay to ship it back to me if I paid to ship it to them, but that was pretty expensive in its self to ship to Canada from Florida. 

5. not to hijack your thread but I am having a similiar problem....unit worked fine out of the box...charged it up, set it to 4 and the unit shows that it is heating but the numbers do not light up.  It shuts off, I reset it and then it continues to heat up...numbers do not light up "each" level but I give it time to heat up and then put the whip on and then I vap.  Since it is new I sent a note to the seller and am waiting his response.

Nice vaporizer...just want it to work right...

6. just a follow up....retailer told me to turn unit on AND holding the 2 buttons on and count to four...then I should connect the charger cord in for 10 seconds (charger plugged into the wall of course).  He indicated that this methology might reset the unit.  It didn't...he sent me a rma # and I sent it in today.  Anxious to see what happens.  After I did the above mentioned procedure it had a hard time firing up and staying on.  After 3 or 4 tries it would usually stay on but you don't know when it hits your temperature setting...idiot lights are not working.  Can kinda tell by the smell and the amount of time you wait.  It still worked but it wasn't working the way it should.

7. Arizer finally got back to me after 3 emails.  They said that the serial numbers on the units are for internal use only, and an M1A unit does not necessarily mean it is older than an M1E unit.  Anyway they agreed to ship me another replacement and also credit me for my shipping costs.  I'm still charged for the $20 "service fee" but this is better than before. Fingers crossed the new replacement works better!

8. lets us know how it turns out....I had the same problem....sent the unit back in and am waiting for a response from the seller.  Unit would shut off.  Im dealing with the seller not Arizer...

9. #9 drifter106, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    not my thread but pertinent info for you Solo users and prospective buyers....my unit that I just purchased was faulty...similar to how the OP is talking about.  Trying to reset it did not fix the problem.  Received a RMA # from the seller, sent it in, they tested it, and within 10 days I was sent a replacement unit with a 120 plug in.  Unit appears at this point to work flawlessly.  Hats off to the seller...on ebay he goes by Golfmeister....I think I have seen him post here.  Very good communication throughout the process and he did a good job of standing behind his product.  Can you put a price (value) on that?  With all the problems that people have with online purchases I just wanted to share this experience to help people make effective choices. 

10. I'm having a similar issue. Mine was working fine, out of nowhere it just stopped hearing up. It turns on, shows full battery, and shows it's heating but nothing happens. I've never waited long enough but I'm assuming it shuts off after the 12 minutes, I stopped waiting after 5 and nothing happened.

From what I can tell the battery is fine, it's never left on the charger for longer than needed. I've tried all the reset methods and different chargers and nothing heats it. I'm curious if the 9v adapter unit they sell will fix the heating problem? Even if I always have to have it plugged in? Any thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. #11 Sublimator Detonator, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
    I just fixed the blinking blue light and my Solo seems to be working perfectly again..  I think there was some kind of oxidation? between the heat element and the bottom of of oven cup...

OK first off - a few week ago my Solo stopped working...  I took it apart because I didn't want to mail it to Canada...  I ended up getting a newer Solo with a broken bottom, switched some parts out , and got mine working again... untill today...

Now the rest of the story---

My old oven had the two wires that went into the white lump that was in the little channel on the side of the oven..  When that white lump came loos there was no re attaching it..  so my Solo was done..

Old Solo Oven and Top

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since then I replaced the Top, the oven and the circuit board from a newer model that can heat and charge at the same time..

Then after two weeks of use it stopped working correctly...  It would turn off after a few min.. And the "Blue light of Death" just stayed on...

So I took it all apart and noticed the 4 wires now all go to the bottom of the oven instead of 2 going to the white lump.  I unscrewed the bottom and found this white oxidation or residue on the bottom of the oven.

Newer Solo heating element and oven

[​IMG]

I cleaned it off best I could with some baking soda and water..  I was going to use a dremmel , but didn't want to scratch the bottom of the oven..  I cleaned it best I could but you could still kinda see it, but it was better. 

Put it all back together, it gets to temp, it works, it doesn't turn off, Woot I'm soooo Happy again!!!!!

[​IMG]

So Happy Again......

[​IMG]