Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 Vaporizer Review [Pictures + Videos]

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Lunati, Jan 10, 2011.

1. No sir, any good?

2. I was just wondering if you liked it any better then da buddha.. Haven't tried one

3. Oh ok. Idk. The EQ sure isn't the best out there, but it easily possesses the best cost/performance ratio.

Nothing beats the Volcano Digi tho lol ;)

4. If i had the money to drop on a volcano i definitely would but thats not an option for me lol

5. You always put a smile on my face with your posts!

6. Where do I find a list of the ebay sellers who I can purchase from and still get the warranty? I'm ready to order one now but I cannot find that seller mentioned before.

7. I bought this. Paid $274 + tax at the Friendly Stranger in downtown Toronto. They had many in stock and recommended it strongly (though I did go there with the specific intention of buying the Extreme Q).

That was 5 months ago.

It changed my life!

I only combust about 2-3x a week now and I don't wake up coughing up shit all the time.

My advice - always let it warm up. You get more out of your weed at a lower temperature if you let it warm up first.

Here's my method for the hose - I have it down to a science:
    (i) Without a bowl on the unit, warm it up to 220c. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
    (ii) Put the bowl on. I recommend about 3/4 of a gram to a gram
    (iii) Turn down temperature to 180. Yes - 180!
    (iv) Let the bowl sit for about a minute
    (v) Take a very long, very deep, VERY SLOW pull
    (vi) It should be good to go!
    (vii) Stir every 5-10 pulls
    (viii) Turn up temp 5 degrees whenever it starts to pull very lightly. Personally, I don't go higher than 200 as it starts to burn. With good stuff, I can get a lot out of it - I'm talking 30+ good hauls, or 3 bags - from a gram without going higher than 200. That's good enough value for me :)

A few other tips:
    - Don't leave it sitting - the weed slowly has all of it's vapor burned. Remember heat rises. The weed stays very hot even if you're not pulling
    - If you stop half way (which I usually do), and your weed was somewhat wet, put the weed back in your grinder after it's been hit a dozen times. It will grind to a near-powder, and you'll get more out of it

Finally:
    - I'm a converted vape-er. I do still smoke sometimes because my wife likes it, but I'd say I'm at 90% vape. Life is better
    - I think the extra $120 over the model without the fan and the remote was 100% worth it. After using it with the remote all this time, I'm VERY spoiled and I would hate to have to do it all manually. And the fan (and bags) are great.
    - I just used it 20 minutes ago. This post was inspired by that action.
    - Be safe, be smart, and for the children - don't drink and drive.

8. I've been debating over this and DBV. I already have a mflb but want an at home unit. How much does the warranty cover?

9. Picked this up today. Payed just over $300. I had been holding off on getting a vape until I had the cash for a Volcano. But after looking into this a week or two ago, I was impressed. It does the bag thing like a Volcano, but had the whip, bright LCD screen. The remote I thought was unnecessary at first, but it's already shown how useful it is - the screen is easy to see while kicking back. And finally there's a little potpourri-incense dish which I've just tried out with the included potpourri sample. It fills the room with the scent pretty quickly. I can see it being useful at times, even if its just to add some aroma to the room.

I don't have anything to really compare this to. The only other vaporizer I've used was one of those glass dome, gumball machine looking ones, and that was years ago.
    Great product if you want to use bags or whips, or both. Maybe there's other products out there that offer the same or similar, I don't know I'm fairly ignorant to the world of vaporizers besides Volcano, Iolite, and Vapor Daddy.

I'll have to try out some different settings, but so far I'm impressed!

10. if you got a glass on glass bong you can stick both whips into eachother and voila vapor bong

11. I've been finding it on amazon for 174$ and prices like that. Are these legit since everyones been saying its 300$ usually.

12. They are legit, but if you buy it for sub $300 it might not be covered by Arizer's warranty. But the seller on amazon will usually warranty it for you.

13. yeah i've seen a few videos of those on youtube, i gotta try that out.

so far i prefer the whip without the fan, and just pull occasionally. i prefer to pack the elbow if i'm not using the fan, i get thicker hits that way.
    For bags, I start at 185C and work up in 10-15 increments. I've finished it off at 235C, which was a heavy body stone. No burning, nothing was blackened. I prefer 195-210 though.
    I've collecting the spent weed since you can still use it brownies, apparently.

14. i revived my EQ today and is one of my best buys getting advice on here magic keep it up guys

15. That's a helpful review, trubbles81...I've had mine for nearly 2 years now, I'm quite happy with it

I do agree that it's confusing, at least for me, in how to ideally operate with the bags...Getting that correct combination of temperature and fan setting can be frustrating - however, when I do get it right it's marvelous

I'm no expert but friends who smoke more than I do say it's a weaker hit than traditional bong smoking...It's been an awesome purchase, for me

Just one major complaint apart from a lack of useful instructions, the bags...No one enjoys putting them together with those pesky o-rings but not providing for some sort of capping system seems like a gross oversight...Who has the lungs to take a massive 8L hit at one time? :smoke:

16. #57 Legalizeit2009, May 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2012
    (If youre lazy)

Attached Files:

17. OR....
    I used a camelback mouthpiece and some tape to build up the tube a little thicker and it fit perfectly

Attached Files:

18. Great idea.

19. Interesting idea...I may give the camelbak mouthpiece a try...I tried converting a wine cork into a sort of stopper but that turned out to be very flimsy in the end...Would be nice to find a rubber stopper of some kind