Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 Vaporizer Review [Pictures + Videos]

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Lunati, Jan 10, 2011.

1. nothing is going to happen to the buttons,arizer has it all down.

2. I have a couple questions about the bags... How often do you have to change to a new one? Where can you get new ones for the extreme for cheap?

Does the extreme have Fahrenheit temperatures also? Or just Celsius settings? Cuz if its primarily for celsius i don't want it because i don't know celsius..

3. if you seriously won't buy a vape because it displays celsius and not fahrenheit.........then idk what to tell ya. honestly i've hit both and even though they are VERY similar i'd say the 4.0 has an edge over da buddha

4. #24 xsploit, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
    ^ ..obviously its in both. You can get after market bags that are universal
    http://www.tokeez.com/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. It does display both Celsius and Fahrenheit tempatures. I usually use the same temps but I may kick it up 10 degrees Celsius if I'm filling bags. The buttons are pretty solid, I really wouldn't worry about them. I've been using this vape quite a bit and nothing has become worn at all. I would say change the bags every 1-2 months, you'll be able to tell when you need to change them because they will be sticky and brown from the resin.

Those are great bags, will order some when I need replacements.

6. #26 ty14, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
    Well as long as it has Fahrenheit temperatures its still an option to me... Those bags will work for the arizer extreme 4? The only reason why i'm considering it with da buddha is the bag setup also.. I've never tried it and i think it would be neat to introduce to my buddies when we party lol:smoke:

This was the one i was looking at.. Idc about a warranty... As long as its legit and wont break down in a week cuz i know some shit is reproduction but if this is the real deal i might just get it :) Cuz i've been wanting to try a bag vape and its a plus with this one cuz you can use the whip also

http://cgi.ebay.com/Arizer-Extreme-Q4-Vaporizer-w-Remote-NIB-Limited-Offer-/260725094500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb46d3864

7. MyRubberNeck (which is the seller on that particular posting) is not a authorized seller, therefore the warranty will not be covered on that unit. But like you said if the warranty is not that big of a deal for you then go for it. I honestly didn't think I would use the bags that much but I actually use it more than the whip. I find it convenient to start filling a bag while doing other stuff around the apartment, then when it's full I can smoke on the go when the bag is finished.

As for the bags posted yes they will work, they have a universal bags.

8. The warranty isn't covered from him? On the listing below it says "--Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty on heating elements. 3 year Manufacturer's Warranty on parts and labor (excludes glass parts).":confused:

9. If you contact Arizer you will find out that he is not on the authorized resellers list. So more than likely when you try to contact them for warranty repair your serial number will be void.

10. I had one of these for a long time. Great vape. I ended up smashing it with a baseball bat, but that's a different story and has no bearing on the quality.

I will warn you guys, after a few months of heavy use, the glass parts on mine seemed to be affected by the heat.

One of the 90* bends that came with it snapped in half from me just touching it. The other one was fine.

Also, what eventually killed mine was the glass bowl seized up on the element and when I tried to pull it out to pack another bowl, half the element came with it.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from purchasing, as it really is one of the best vapes out there, just know that those are the issues I had.

My maintenance routine/tips:
    1.cleaned all glass in iso bath every day after smoking
    2.always turn the fan on high and the temp all the way down to cool the element before completey turning it off.
    3.This thing isn't made for large groups...

11. #31 xsploit, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
    Thats unfortunate,i have never had ANY problems with mine,except for me trying to pull the whip of off the elbows,resulting in it breaking,my own stupidity though,easily and fastly replaceable. The bowl kinda does get stuck from time to time,but nothing to the extent your talking about. I have had mine for 2 years,dropped it and spilled water in it,more than a couple times,still running like a beast. You obviously cant wrench on the fucking bowl,also heat it going to make it fit tighter too. How is it not for large groups? seems like you can't handle it correctly. The only thing i would say is too buy the after market tokeez bags right away if you want some huge bags for use with your friends. The funny thing is i am going to buy another one,because me and my friends went halfers on it when it was 260$,so its actually cheaper for me to buy a brand new one. Not going to try any other vape,because the extreme q is a beeast.

12. Yuck why are these decisions so hard? Has anyone used those tokeez bags on their extreme? I figure those would take a while to fill up... If i end up with the extreme i will for sure be buying those bags for partying

13. The Tokeez bags will be no different than any other bag. You could even use cooking bags from the grocery store, just depends on whats convient for you. The Tokeez bags are bigger though so yes they would probably be better for larger groups.

14. Do you recommend the elbow packing? Or just do it regularly?

15. I've packed elbows before and really just didn't care for it, but I know a lot of people that only do elbows.

16. Don't you have to buy special screens to do it?

17. #37 xsploit, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
    yeah i'm not down with the elbow packs,plus i have a carbon adapter that i just use for making it have more air flow for vapor bonging,then i put the elbow screen in the carbon adapter,just adds a bit more flow. I never thought i could milk my bong with vapor. Before when i first got it,i tried vapor bonging with just the tube and mouth peice,worked alright,didn't have a 18.8 piece,so i just used a carbon adapter as a bowl,that worked better. Now that i have my hoss and a small bore,vapor bonging with the vape in a 18.8 joint,its awesome,get so baked lol.

18. Nope nothing else is needed to pack elbow, just uses less bud. But I find it the same as using the Cyclone bowl.

19. Nobody was "wrenching" on the bowl, man. I'd also appreciate it if you kept your assumptions to a minimum.

I am more than capable of handling something I spent $250 on carefully. I took every precaution and was never rough with it.

When the bowl seized on the element, it seized for good. The vape was turned completely off and we let it sit for a few days while gently trying to wiggle the bowl off every once in a awhile. I have no clue what happened, but it was damn sure not coming off.

As for large groups, yeah if you use bags it's fine, of course. I was a little hasty with that comment but the bags completely slipped my mind because we always used the whip.

Don't think I'm knocking the EQ's, because I'll buy another one eventually. I was just stating an unbiased opinion based on my experiences. No matter how good a product is, someone is bound to get a less-than-perfect one if they're mass produced like that.

Protip: Don't vape the herbal sample lol.

20. Have you ever used da buddha before?