Arizer Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by CentiZen, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Plantvap just got more Stealth Stems... Wooo! been waitting 2 weeks.. Ordered 2, going to put a whip on one...

-Loki

[​IMG]

2. I don't use the stealth adapter much or ever tried it with a whip. The best part about it for me is telling your unsuspecting friend to take a sip. :) please tell me how the whip is. I sadly lost all of mine:'(

3. I really like the stealth stem, but DAMN $20! I got a spare bent stem for $8. I guess I just need to suck it up and spend the cash if I really want one.

4. Im debating picking up a solo. I have my extreme q for at home and i have an.mflb. i love the thing no issues with it just wanna try the solo out

5. Do you really need it?

2 ways

I was able to tuck the entire solo and have the stem under my jacket sleeve, only having half the stem exposed.

I also tried putting it in a Mcdonalds cup with the straight stem, and other than a wide looking straw, you can't tell at all.

For vaporbonging, my stem fit perfectly into my 18/14 downstem, almost perfect seal and all glass airway. Was able to go through 2 stems without a problem. You have to be conscious enough to remember the stem can fall out and break, otherwise no problem.

Only reason I'd get it is for whip purposes.

6. I don't use my stealth piece for actual stealth use, however I enjoy using the stealth piece in place of a normal stem to give a little nub of a mouthpiece instead of the stem. I think it is a better mouthpiece then the stems are, and easier to hide in transport. If they were a little cheaper I'd replace my four stems with them.

7. NO! I sure don't need it, but I want it. You have to admit that it's pretty cool. Well, at least I think it is. I'm not going out to get one because as I said, $20! I just got myself a spare stem for less than 1/2 that, so unless they come down some, I doubt I'll get one. I've never had any problem taking it anywhere I wanted to take it just as it is, but that stem is pretty nice.

8. You're right, walking around today the stock stems do feel a little long.

The solo thread on FC is like 200+ pages, but I'll have to look into maybe shortening the stem.

Imagine just having a whip running up your shirt, most people would this you're using a Camelback

9. I appreciate my Extreme Q 4.0! :D

After breaking my second cyclone bowl, i got a "tuff bowl" or something, so hopefully it'll last.

Does anybody have a good step by step guide about how to put a new nozzle on a bag? I kinda wing it, and i'm not sure i'm doing it right. I looked for a guide, but didn't find any good ones.

10. Its always a bit of a pita to explain step by step... and really it makes it sound way more complicated then it is.

The tube goes in the bag, the bag is then rubber banded to the tube.
    The bag gets folded back over the rubber band, then rubber banded again to hold it folded back.

So usually the first rubber band (or o-ring if you have them) sits in between the two humps of the mouth piece, and the second one sits on the other side of the hump towards the bag.

If you just stick the tube in the bag and rubber band it on the top of the bag would be sticking in your face when you hit he bag. It is simply folded back and rubber banded in place to keep it out of the way.

11. Got my power supply for using the Solo w/o the battery...

Its output is 8.5v dc at 5a... Here's a pic of it...

-Loki

Attached Files:

12. Also found this little gem at Target...

Holds the Solo and two stems under the elastic band and a stem and bag of weed in the pouch on the other side. Only $13 too.

-Loki

Attached Files:

13. That makes sense why the PS2 adapters are bricking Solo's.

My PS2 slim adapter is rated at 8.5v at 5.65A. I guess just enough amperage/watts to supply a little too much power.

I'll probably end up getting it eventually as well, help prolong the battery a little longer.

Whats the best way to extract the oil out of the stems? I'm assuming ISO washing would be the most effective. I don't really want to boil it in milk, etc.

14. [quote name='"MR_"']That makes sense why the PS2 adapters are bricking Solo's.

My PS2 slim adapter is rated at 8.5v at 5.65A. I guess just enough amperage/watts to supply a little too much power.

I'll probably end up getting it eventually as well, help prolong the battery a little longer.

Whats the best way to extract the oil out of the stems? I'm assuming ISO washing would be the most effective. I don't really want to boil it in milk, etc.[/quote]

Thats what i do on my mflb stem. Cover one end. Fill 3/4 the full of iso. Cover the other end and turn back.and forth under.warm water. Than dump on a plate let dry and scrape

15. #55 Loki7, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    I've been using the non-charging psu with the Solo for a few hours and it was working as expected... until a few minutes ago. I usually vap at 4-5 on the Solo and the base never gets hot. So I'm using it and I notice the base is a lot warmer than normal and when I pulled the stem out the bud was dark black. It's never been more than dark brown before. This was like the 4th or 5th stem with the new psu.

I'm letting it cool down before I use it again... hope it's not fucked...

Edit: I used it again on the battery and it was fine. Plugged it back into the other psu and it over heated again and this time, it's fucked. When I plug the charging psu in, the idle and #7 lights blink back and forth. Holding both buttons down flashes the idle light, but it won't turn on...

:( :mad:

-Loki

16. Thats not good. And you're using the power adapter from Arizer made for the Solo?

When you plug the charging psu in, try partially unplugging it or rotating/spinning the connector, it may just have a bad contact.

So now at this point the power adapter overheats? and the Solo doesn't charge or turn on?

Thats fucked up man if I'm reading this right.

17. It's the Solo psu from PlanetVape.ca. I've tried everything, the connection is fine.

It's the Solo that over heated. It got so hot the base got very warm and the bud was carbonized, jet black... The heat indicator stayed right at 4, but obviously, it was way way above 4... I'll let you know if Arizer honors their warranty.

-Loki

18. So when you plug it in now it won't charge? I've never had that happen to me.:S

19. Now when I plug in the charging psu, idle, heat #1 and charge comes on, like it's going to charge... then heat #1-#3 light up and then all lights go out.... then idle and heat #7 alternate on and off.... idle, #7, idle, #7, idle, #7... over and over...

Holding down the up/down buttons now does nothing...

-Loki

20. I usually use a plastic mini-tie wrap instead of rubber bands. The plastic tie wrap is much stronger and doesn't give off rubber smell (or taste) and they aren't bothered by heat. You can get a whole bag of them at Radio Shack. I get the smallest size available.