Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Arguments with mother: What to do?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Weed_Pleez_123, Nov 30, 2008.

1. My mom is upset that I sometimes drink and watch R-rated movies in my room (I know, it's really weird). I'm 21-year-old college sophomore but she doesn't care.

She's both extremely stubborn and extremely sensitive.

How can I get her to lay off my case without upsetting her?

*Background info: She's Mormon and had an alcoholic father, who's health was a great concern to her. She's somewhat of a health nut and found out I smoked weed but doesn't know I still do it.

2. get a job and move out your mother's house

3. just explain that youre an adult and you feel you can handle having an occasional drink and that you have the ability to understand mature situations

4. pretty much dude.

5. I have a job, but am saving most of my money for college.

6. That's totally understandable, i'm not saying youre being lazy for living at home or wahtever (im at home right now too)

Just saying thats the ultimate/only way to eliminate the problem.

7. #7 Feks, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2008
    Pay some "token" ( not "toking") rent and then you will be free to do what you want within reason as a paying renter.

8. If you have tried to exlplain to our mam adult to adult and she is still having none of it then there is not a lot you can do, you are under her roof so you should really respect your mams decisions.

You only got two more years to go (thats right isnt it?) hang in there, you got the rest of our life to watch films and drink booze. :)

9. weird is an understatement.

i really have no idea. i'm sure you've played the "i'm fucking 21" card already, and i'm sure if you could've moved out you would've already. so... well, that just really sucks. let her bitch, i guess..?

10. Looks like it's Pixar movies and Harry Potter for you, my friend.

11. Thank you!

A lot of people here don't realize that since you are over 18 and still living at your parents house, you WILL abide by there rules or get out. They don't need to let you live in there house and they can kick you out at any time, so listen to what they tell you.

12. ttell her to beat a dick lol