Arguments, lights, fans and fun

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shnicken, Jan 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. what I cant understand is,

you seem to be upset because you believed the fan would run at 35W.
    but, it runs at 70 at full speed.

but it came with a controller and you could easily lower it down to half speed or whatever to achieve the desired 35w right?

i'm running my 4" AC at 50% in a 48"x24"x60" and its whisper quiet

I've owned 3 Vivosun fans and 1 AC.
    The vivosun are garbage in comparison.

either way, its Amazon so just return it and order 2 vivosun fans for when one fails haha.

best of luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. It's the fact that I bought the ACI because it claims 402cfm at 38w, I'm upset because it's 402cfm at 70w. I never would have ordered the thing if they were upfront and honest, that's the whole point.

Trust me it will be getting returned and I will be getting 1 of the Vivosuns. Have you guys never shopped on alibaba. I literally bet I can find the base mold that both fans are using and they're almost identical.

Whole idea of this post was to prevent someone else thinking their claims of 40% more energy efficient and 38w for 402 CFM, were legit in any way shape or form. I'd say thats been made clear so that's where I step out.

Enjoy your ACI, I'm not knocking the fans themselves just the shady false advertising by the company.

3. So with all do respect just return it and keep it pushin brother other wise this threads pointless because alot of guys around here like ac infinity...again good luck!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

4. They advertise lower watts because it’s an ecm so it will adjust the fan to the lowest setting it can use to hit the parameters you set on your controller. I have a 4 of the t-8’s for my drying tents and my bills isn’t bad they save some electricity, the main problem I have is one of my fans went to max randomly and dropped the humidity in that tent to 25% before I realized what it was doing. They are sending me a replacement probe and controller

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Just because a lot of guys like them it doesn't make this thread pointless. It doesn't change the fact of their claims vs the truth and that's info that anyone is entitled to IMO. If you like them no problem, you gave your input and it's here for anyone as well.

Like what you like fellas, it doesn't change this shit...

You know if any of your other shit listed specs like that you'd feel the same.

We get wattage for speed 3
    CFM for speed 10
    And probably dBA rating for speed 2

Seriously legit companies don't do business like that. If HLG listed specs like that do you think they would be as well loved as they are?

Lol 1000 ppfd / 10w / 2 degrees. :apache:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I plan on eventually getting the trolmaster controller for my indoor tents. Seems like a great cheaper option for at home grows.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quantum boards is solely a HLG name for their boards. All other things like sg1000 spider farmer is just a led.

• Like Like x 2
  8. This is true but in the current slang I feel like QB is used pretty freely with any board with lm301b or h and pushed by a meanwell driver, at least from what I have seen on the forums. It's not accurate but when I read QB my mind just thinks Samsung Diodes and Meanwell driver not even a particular brand name anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oh yea I was going to edit and say the name is just common used word for them now.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yep the lm301H i believe is the one that is slightly better than B for growing purposes.

Yea unfortunately those cheap lux meters do not work well in a tent and especially when incorporating most spectrums. The UVa 385nm and 375nm really fucks with the camera lol. The UVB 310nm is only on last 2 weeks for only an hour.

• Like Like x 2
  11. The Lm301h and the lm301b are exactly the same Samsung renamed the diode from b to h but they are exactly the same. The hlg gets the top 1% of the top bin diodes, other led’s that use Samsung diodes are getting lesser quality bin diodes. Hlg is the only official partner of Samsung and the quality of their boards and diodes shows

12. So sick of reading this misinfo.

Let's be clear this is from Samsung direct website.

SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS' LED BUSINESS is growing as a global leader in LED with its HQ and R&D center in Korea,
    core manufacturing bases in Korea and China, and global sales network in six countries around the world.

Attached is a picture of their dealer list, totop is the dealer that kingbrite and Meiju buy from. They get the same diodes as HLG maybe slightly lower bin on the lm301b.

That being said direct from Samsung a lm301h chip is a top bin lm301b diode with a light anti sulfurization coating. Thus if you buy lm301h regardless of brand you are getting top bin diodes. They also were kind enough to let me know that HLG is not the only company buying their top bin diodes.

Tired of hearing this bullshit of HLG being the only legit ones when it's just not true.

This information is insanely easy to track down and confirm for yourself.

I have seen videos of hlg beating out the kingbrite equivalent but have also seen videos showing the exact opposite.

Attached Files:

13. This is just a guess because I didn't confirm it with Samsung, but what I believe is HLG is buying all of Samsung top bin diodes manufactured out of their Korea based plants to avoid the tariffs and taxes out of China. I'll bet all the top bin diodes produced in their China plants are going directly to these "knock off" companies.

14. Contacted To-Top and they confirmed that Kingbrite does indeed purchase top bin diodes produced in the China plant. These guys are an authorized Samsung dealer listed on Samsung own website, highly doubt they would openly lie.

15. I never said they were the only ones I said they get the top 1% of the Top bin diodes. Other companies still receive top bin diodes. Are you even using Hlg’s lol. And the lm301h and lm301b are exactly the same

16. They may get the top 1% of the Korea batch but they do not get the top 1% of all diodes, even Samsung can confirm this. Also man I'm going to take Samsungs word over yours on what their own diodes are.

You do understand that a lm301b can vary by up to 15% between top bin and bottom bin. A lm301h is always a top 1-2% bin of lm301b diodes.

A lm301h diode on a kingbrite board is identical to a lm301h on a HLG. I seriously doubt the kingbrite lm301b diodes are bottom bin either or I doubt people would be getting the same results as HLG from them.

No I do not own HLG and never will. A warranty is great but it's not worth $300. Plus Kingbrite has been insanely good with covering their stuff on my end. Had a driver go bad and a new one at my door in 4 days no questions asked.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. How do you know your getting the same results when you have never used and never will use hlg. Good luck with your lights and good day

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Because plenty of people have used them, and post their results. Not to mention plenty of videos of ppfd comparison between the two. Like I said man the info is readily available you just have to look for it and not believe everything people say.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I wouldn’t grow with king brite if you gave them to me. You honestly think any king rite could touch a hlg 650r. Your just being an hlg hater, if you want to grow with cheap ass kingbrites by all means have at it. You haven’t even tried hlg yet your blowing them, I have two 4 light setups I’m a small size grower but I haven’t seen any king brites on anyone’s grows that actually pull top shelf packs. Good luck with your king brites