Arguments, lights, fans and fun

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shnicken, Jan 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. I agree with this, however plenty of people killing it with Spider Farmers, SF1000/2000/etc.

So if you purchased a fan that was listed as 35dBA and it sounded like a car engine when you got it, you wouldn't consider that false advertising? Because you know maybe they meant 35 dBA when it wasn't turned on???

I'm sorry I can't explain this any better, I think those that do understand will take the needed info from what's already been said so I'm going to leave it at that.

2. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this..... :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think you missed the entire concept. I want a 6" fan, normally I would buy a Vivosun 6" for $60 and running at 67w max, like they list.

However AC Infinity had their entire selling points and marketing targeted at how much more efficient their fans are then others and only use about half the energy aka 38w.

So I paid almost double ($110) for the AC Infinity based off these claims and the wattage listing and received the fan only to find out its actually 3w more then the Vivosun aka 70w.

I'm sorry but this is false advertising and a dogshit company any way you want to try and paint it. Believe what you will, like I said I put the info up to help others not argue a bunch of bullshit.

4. Contact them it may be a factory defect that got threw no harm no foul play ball lol they are a very trust company and none of their fans ive heard have never been loud

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

5. Can i ask why max....most fan dont need to be maxed im not tryin to dispute n argue im just speakjn from guys on here and myself and alot of others i know

6. What the sticker is a factory defect? I've plugged it into both watt meters and the sticker is correct. We shall see how they respond but I smell a case of false advertising more then I do a factory defect.

7. I was talkin bout the noise ur talkin bout

8. Never once did I say I was going to run the fan max, I have zero intentions to do so. Again though I would have saved $50 and bought the Vivosun if I knew they were going to run at the same wattage. It's the concept of being lied to on technical specifications. Even the QB companies that sell their shit with the 1000/2000/4000 in the names, still list the real watt draw in the specs, because again they want to mislead you but they know better then to outright lie.

9. Sorry got ya now, and when the next 3 replacement fans all sound the same?

10. I just checked there site they clearly list the specs at 38 watts average draw and 64 watts max draw.
    So all I'm saying is that they are a pretty decent product. I never trust listings for things like lights or ggt or ac infinity fans listed on Amazon. I do however trust the specs from these companies actual websites. Maybe you got a knock off imitation fan it did come from Amazon ya never know. Ok I've said my to cents time to roll another joint.

Attached Files:

11. Fan is sold by AC Infinity and fulfilled by Amazon so nope definitely their product. That's great they list the legit info on their site but that doesn't account for their listing on Amazon. You do understand that AC Infinty makes it's listing for Amazon, they choose the information and pics.

Go back and look at that pic, it's posted 3 times on the listing. This isn't by chance this is shady practices, a legit company would have listed it just like they do on their site if they weren't looking to scam people.

Sadly I'm the dummy that fell for it today. I'd be curious to know though since it's now out in the open that it obviously uses just as much wattage as every other fan where they are getting these claims of efficiency, sure sounds like a solid company. :lmafoe:

12. At that point ya send it back and replace it. My only point is your knockin what I consider to be a good product cuz of a third party sellers advertising methods. It's not ac infinity's fault that the Amazon seller decided to list the 38 watts "average" draw rating as the actual draw rating. I'm just saying I've had nothing but good experiences with this company and products but then again I purchase directly from them. Everyone's entitled to there opinions. It's ok that we disagree I can't force you to be right.

13. Did you miss the part where AC Infinity is the Amazon seller?

14. So if you went to a sub shop and bought a sub sandwich and paid and your sandwich had bites out of it you wouldn't be upset? I mean come on they are just selling you a sandwich, they didn't specify if it was a partially eaten sandwich or not so that'd be on you?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Like I said I'm really high and I think we were writing at the same time. Like I already told you I agree with ya buddy. That's like me buying some dank from a guy and it's bomb weed like super sticky. But the guy you bought it from was a douche. And told you a lie. So do you then say the guy that grew the weed is a horrible grower cuz the dealer you bought it from gave you some misleading information....?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. AC Infinity is the seller, so yes if the grower and the guy I bought it from are the same person I am pissed. AC Infinity is the seller, it is their listing on Amazon. They provide the info and the pics. They choose what technical info to include.

If it was third party I would point the blame elsewhere. AC Infinity failed to list it in their listing and even went a step further in trying to use it deceptively as a selling point. See this how you want but that's the truth of the matter.

17. Vivosun sucks ass

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sure do, but for the price they get the job done. To be honest I have 3 and they all work perfect, 1 has been in service for 2 years and still works like a champ.

They move every bit as much air as this AC Infinity, and use just a touch less power. Only a tiny bit louder then the ACI fan as well.

I'm by no means plugging for Vivosun, they are bottom of the barrel. So it's saying something that I would much rather have 2 Vivosun 6" for $120 then this one ACI for $110.

19. ACI = Vivosun with a fancier label/look at least that's how it looks and feels to me. If it truly used half the power of the Vivosun it might be worthwhile, but it's literally the same fan with a niftier fan speed controller and look for almost double the price.

20. Yeah but can you take the vivosun apart to clean it?

• Funny Funny x 1